Premed 101 Forums

For OOPs...

Guest AC

I interviewed on Friday. Yeah, I thought they would just tell me if I was top half or bottom half. But yeah, they tell you your exact spot. At least I was rejected outright.

Guest nahatma

OK, I bit the bullet and called admissions. And she told me my exact waitlist number, you're right. Well, it was a bit better news than I expected. I guess I'll have to wait around now and see what happens.

same here,

I called and I'm right around the middle. I talked to some people from first year they said last year the wait list moved a lot, but they didn't find out until July and August, but the year before that it just got past the first two or so spots -- so who knows.

what did you guys think of the whole experience? Before I went Mcgill was by far my number 1 choice, but I had mixed feelings about the weekend...

Tim

Guest medicator007

Hey folks,

Wow the results are already online! That is damn quick... guess Minverva really does make a difference.

I can't speak for the past two years, but I know that in my class most if not all the OOP spots were taken from the waitlist and i hear it can move quite a bit. I have no objective data on this, but I wouldn't lose hope.

If anyone has any questions about things at McGill, feel free to pose them here and I'll see what i can do about answering them.

Cheers,

Medicator

waitlisted! at least not rejected! just wondering, where'z everyone's spots on the waitlist? too bad i checked so late, I really wanna call them now to check where I am on the waitlist ...but yes.. still happy i wasn't rejected! :)

Waitlisted too!... Wow, who has gotten accepted at all? hahaha. I'll have to call monday to see what place im on the waitlist.... Im scared!!!!! I want this to move, but they're the only school to get back to you early, so I doubt it will move since the people that got accepted will turn it down before hearing from the other schools in June... BAHH.

"could you elaborate on those mixed feelings?"

...I wish i could. Its not that anything in particular was bad about McGill. Its a good school and I'd still go there if it was my only option. Maybe my expectations were just too high. Its one of those experiences where I just go with my gut, and I wasn't feeling it.

One thing I should mention though, 5-7 OOP and a few Americans in a class of 200. Also 70 of those 200 are MED-P students. Thats a tough social scene for someone with no prior connection to Montreal.

But definitely don't base anything on my opinion, its something you have to judge for yourself.

Tim

Guest jeska16

Hmm, I just called and they wouldn't tell me exactly where I am, just which half of the list I'm on...

Oh well that's okay, maybe it's better not to know exactly...save myself some stress.

Good luck to all the rest of you :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Shaunabelle

This message is mainly for tim23 and i dont know if you will see this or not as this chain has been dead for a while - but there will be more than just the 5-7 OOP students at McGill that are new to Montreal/McGill. A lot of the people that were interviewed and accepted as In-province students have not lived in Quebec for many years (ie they were just born there) and so they will have just as many adjustments to make as the traditional OOP people. It will be a great learning experience and you will not be alone!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cgymcgill

Howdy all,

Just wondering if any of you OOPs who got wait-listed could give some details on your profile and app stats (program, gpa, mcat, province)...

I'm wondering what my chances are for application to McGill Med next year. I'm a McGill grad student who completed an undergrad in Alberta...

Archived