Premed 101 Forums

Course Weights in Calgary App

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find anything about it.

When filling out the transcript section, we are given the choice of designating the weight of each course, for instance: Semester (0.5), Full Year (1.0), or Other.

Now, at my university, a "regular" lecture course is 3 credits, but there are also courses that include lecture and lab components worth 4 credits. Moreover, there are also lab-only courses worth 2 credits.

So what weight would I put for these courses (under the 'Other' option)? It seems like this would make a big difference in GPA if we aren't able to distinguish them on the application...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't find anything about it.

When filling out the transcript section, we are given the choice of designating the weight of each course, for instance: Semester (0.5), Full Year (1.0), or Other.

Now, at my university, a "regular" lecture course is 3 credits, but there are also courses that include lecture and lab components worth 4 credits. Moreover, there are also lab-only courses worth 2 credits.

So what weight would I put for these courses (under the 'Other' option)? It seems like this would make a big difference in GPA if we aren't able to distinguish them on the application...

Directly from page 16 of the application manual.

6 credits = 1.0

5 credits =0.84

4 credits = 0.67

3 credits = 0.5

2 credits = 0.34

1 credit = 0.17

there you go!

• 4 weeks later...
But the only options you can choose for course weights are semester 0.5, trimester 0.33, full year 1.0, thesis 1.0 and other.

I guess everything that isn't worth 3 credits would be under the "other" section than?

I think you need to have another look at the posts above and in the applicant manual...

Archived