Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts status

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was under the impression that subjective calculations only come into play when your file is under full review

Well, I'm going on previous years where they factor the subjective component into your GPA as well. It could be different this year of course, but that's really the only explanation I have, because I really don't understand how my GPA is as low as it is unless there's some subjective component to it. I'll see if it changes at all in the next little while.

this is the same problem i am having. mine is 0.20 lower than what i thought it should be.

Yeah, mine is 0.15 lower than I was thinking as well...it's weird that is definitely not with the lowest year dropped. I'm at the same value that AMCAS calculated without the lowest year dropped. I think it is straight conversion right now. It does say "academic record GPA" not adjusted GPA?

Yeah, mine is 0.15 lower than I was thinking as well...it's weird that is definitely not with the lowest year dropped. I'm at the same value that AMCAS calculated without the lowest year dropped. I think it is straight conversion right now. It does say "academic record GPA" not adjusted GPA?

it says "academic record gpa". does this mean that it is not the adjusted gpa with the lowest year dropped, but rather the cgpa calculated using all full time years of study?

it says "academic record gpa". does this mean that it is not the adjusted gpa with the lowest year dropped, but rather the cgpa calculated using all full time years of study?

Yeah, I'm thinking it is cGPA not adjusted.

Nope, my cGPA does not equate to that value

Haha well I guess it is a black box then. Calgary decides, maybe if everyone's grades are lower than expected we have nothing to worry about...or I would like to think :eek:

Maybe you should call or post on the blog about it. They are trying to be quite transparent. I think they are posting it so that you can discuss it if there is a big disparity.

In other news... I WANT MY GPA.

Guys! Don't worry I just checked all my grades. They didn't drop the lowest year yet. Also they didn't include my latest year either, so it will still need some resolving. Give it time!

just for the record, it seems as though they have included all my years, even the most recent. they just have not dropped my lowest year as of yet.

• 11 months later...
Has your transcript sent to the U of Calgary and indicate that it is received?

I requested transcripts in the early of september, but they are still not sent yet. Any one has the same issue?

A.G

Hello. I'm in the same position for the 2012 cycle. Was your issue resolved before the application deadline? :s

Archived