Premed 101 Forums

3rd year grades

Guest still confused

Guest still confused

Hey quick question open to all. If applying in 3rd year, and gotten interviews how much weight does your 3rd year marks have IF you get in. Im concerned because year 1 and two were high gpa's, but this year hmmmm slighty lower, like by 0.5-0.7. Does this matter. I have heard of school revoking acceptances becuase of a slip. If so how much slip do they allow. Also, does each year have to be above a certian number or is it just an average cutoff. Thanks

Western requires a 3.65 in your final year (the year you apply), and Ottawa can rescind acceptances if they think your GPA has dropped too much. Whereas some other schools take you as long as you pass all your courses. Basically it varies by school.

Guest Ian Wong

I've never heard an official comment by UBC on this matter, but I'd try to keep the marks up if I were you. After all, if your marks dip significantly in the third year, and you ultimately get rejected, then your fourth year application (where you stand the best chance of getting in) is going to be compromised.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived