Premed 101 Forums

Calling all boys (NOT about medicine)

lovestruck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having problems figuring out how attractive you are? Go to Hotornot.com, post your picture, and get rated.

If you find you're ugly, you need to change. Get into shape. The idea body mass index for a woman is something like 18-22. You can find calculators for this on the internet. If you're too skinny, gain weight. If you're too fat, lose weight. If you have small breasts or a big nose, get plastic surgery. Get accutane if you have bad acne.

As for other things like making your hair prettier or wearing nicer clothes, that stuff only works if you are already decently attractive. If you're a fat piece of ****, you could be done up like a supermodel, and no guy would look twice at you.

Are you for real????

The fact is that 70% of a man's attaction to a woman comes from her looks. The other 20% is in how likely he perceives the woman is to sleep with him, and the remaining 10% is from factors like intelligence, class, etc. Note that these are estimations based on over 25 years of being male, and having talked about women with countless other males.

Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, that has been discovered years ago. We've taken pictures of white women to countries in Africa where the men there have never even seen a white woman before. The women they selected as most attractive correlated with our choices with an r value of something like 0.95. Beauty is universal, not in the eye of the beholder.

Having problems figuring out how attractive you are? Go to Hotornot.com, post your picture, and get rated.

If you find you're ugly, you need to change. Get into shape. The idea body mass index for a woman is something like 18-22. You can find calculators for this on the internet. If you're too skinny, gain weight. If you're too fat, lose weight. If you have small breasts or a big nose, get plastic surgery. Get accutane if you have bad acne.

As for other things like making your hair prettier or wearing nicer clothes, that stuff only works if you are already decently attractive. If you're a fat piece of ****, you could be done up like a supermodel, and no guy would look twice at you.

This is a minor thing, but a woman's voice matters too. If you talk in a deep/low pitched voice, or a throaty voice, quit it. Get voice coaching. Try to act bubbly and energetic - it shows that a woman is young and healthy enough to look after children. Note that this does NOT mean that a woman's personality matters - this only refers to voice tonality. In fact, it matters for nearly ZERO.

As for talking to a guy you're interested in, just act like you think he's the sexiest guy in the world. Make eye contact, stand with your feet together, face him, touch him on the arm, compliment him, be submissive to his requests, etc. Basically, act like a real woman (i.e. a pre-feminism woman).

I refuse to believe that all guys are like this. Looks are important and that's undeniable. But there is more to relationships and people for that matter then just looks.

I've been in relationships that were based on much more. And I'd like to believe that my future relationships will also not be based "70%" on looks!!

And if all men are such gigantic pieces of **** and think the way you do, then lesbianism here I come!

I didn't mean to make it seem hard for a woman to land a date. In fact, getting a date is the easiest thing in the world for a reasonably attractive woman. The main point of my previous posts was simply that if a woman wants to increase her success with men, that she needs to do nothing else but make herself better looking.

I'm going to stray off topic and into feminism. Feminism is responsible for a huge change in male/female gender roles. You see this most evidently in film. Watch

scene from the 1964 Bond movie Goldfinger to see what I'm talking about. No film maker would dare recreate a scene like this.

Prior to feminism, men treated women as subordinate to them, and women loved it. Why? Women are biologically programmed to be attracted to strong, dominant, men who can lead them. Now with the rise of feminism, men are taught to be weak sissy men, and put women on pedestals - to buy them flowers, compliment them, supplicate to them, and essentially "wait" for her to give into sex. This goes against basic biological urges, and turns women off subconciously. That's why you see women falling head over heels for the "bad boy" and annoyed with the "nice guy": by treating her like crap, the badboy makes the woman feel subordinate, which turns her on. But of course no woman could ever understand that, with the "men and women are completely equal in every regard" paradigm being pounded into their brains from the moment they enter the public school system.

It is a HUGE turnoff to me when I see a woman bossing people around, and acting dominantly. That's BACKWARDS.

I refuse to believe that all guys are like this. Looks are important and that's undeniable. But there is more to relationships and people for that matter then just looks.

I've been in relationships that were based on much more. And I'd like to believe that my future relationships will also not be based "70%" on looks!!

And if all men are such gigantic pieces of **** and think the way you do, then lesbianism here I come!

Posts like that only apply to guys that just wanna have sex with you and then dump you for another girl with no self-esteem. Also trolls.

I didn't mean to make it seem hard for a woman to land a date. In fact, getting a date is the easiest thing in the world for a reasonably attractive woman. The main point of my previous posts was simply that if a woman wants to increase her success with men, that she needs to do nothing else but make herself better looking.

I'm going to stray off topic and into feminism. Feminism is responsible for a huge change in male/female gender roles. You see this most evidently in film. Watch

scene from the 1964 Bond movie Goldfinger to see what I'm talking about. No film maker would dare recreate a scene like this.

Prior to feminism, men treated women as subordinate to them, and women loved it. Why? Women are biologically programmed to be attracted to strong, dominant, men who can lead them. Now with the rise of feminism, men are taught to be weak sissy men, and put women on pedestals - to buy them flowers, compliment them, supplicate to them, and essentially "wait" for her to give into sex. This goes against basic biological urges, and turns women off subconciously. That's why you see women falling head over heels for the "bad boy" and annoyed with the "nice guy": by treating her like crap, the badboy makes the woman feel subordinate, which turns her on. But of course no woman could ever understand that, with the "men and women are completely equal in every regard" paradigm being pounded into their brains from the moment they enter the public school system.

It is a HUGE turnoff to me when I see a woman bossing people around, and acting dominantly. That's BACKWARDS.

WOW. I don't even know where to start?

First off, are you a woman? How do you know what we want? And what bizarre brain injury do you possess to make such a generalization as the statement above? What makes you think women want to be subordinates? Based on the fact that we like bad boys? Have you ever asked a woman what attracts her to a bad boy (mysteriousness, charm, good looks, spontaneity, the idea that you can change him, etc)??

You are seriously misinformed.

I need to collect my thoughts and put away my anger before I write anything else.

AtomSmasher has got a point although he is going on the extreme side of things a bit. Most guys I think just initiate a relationship 80+% based on looks. I do not have any studies to back this lol but I am basing this on my own experience.

Most guys I know are like this, when we see a "hot" girl pass by they all get interested all of a sudden and want to approach them.

I am not like this personally, I am not the one night stand type of a guy and I will go into a relationship if there is long term potential so I consider other things as well. People also say that when you are in the 20s you are supposed to "experiment" and just get into many relationships as you can but I do not share this viewpoint.

Also I absolutely HATE all the girls who just try way too hard to be someone else and be "hot". Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian absolutely disgust me. They are just way too fake.

AtomSmasher has got a point although he is going on the extreme side of things a bit. Most guys I think just initiate a relationship 80+% based on looks. I do not have any studies to back this lol but I am basing this on my own experience.

Most guys I know are like this, when we see a "hot" girl pass by they all get interested all of a sudden and want to approach them.

I am not like this personally, I am not the one night stand type of a guy and I will go into a relationship if there is long term potential so I consider other things as well. People also say that when you are in the 20s you are supposed to "experiment" and just get into many relationships as you can but I do not share this viewpoint.

Also I absolutely HATE all the girls who just try way too hard to be someone else and be "hot". Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian absolutely disgust me. They are just way too fake.

I don't disagree that looks are important. If I see a hot guy walk by, I'll look and definitely notice. If a hot guy is in my class and we chat a few times but I don't really know him, I'll take the time to get to know him because I'm attracted.

But here's where it differs: once I've gotten past that "I'm attracted to you in some way" stage, it's all about personality, intellect, etc. You can be super hot and stupid and I'm turned off.

Case in point: here's Zach from this years season of the Real World (don't judge me reality TV is my guilty pleasure):

The guy is so hot he literally makes me combust. But his ignorance, cockyness, idiocy and supremely irritating personality makes me want to puke. Despite the fact that I find him hotter then hell itself I would NEVER want anything to do with him.

Also, for most girls, personality can win over looks. As long as there is some level of attraction (i.e. I am not grossed out), if the guy has a ridiculously charming personalty, good character, humor and intelligence, I'm interested. He may be average looking, but all those other characteristics suddenly make the man SO much more attractive, even if at first glance I wouldn't consider him.

very few ads depict a man who is truly independent and confident. Most men in today's ads are depicted as meandering buffoons who need to call their wives at work because the stay at home dad can't even do housework correctly.

I've heard this described but can't bring to mind any such ads, while I do recall 'manly' ads for shaving / cars / body spray :confused:

I don't disagree that looks are important. If I see a hot guy walk by, I'll look and definitely notice. If a hot guy is in my class and we chat a few times but I don't really know him, I'll take the time to get to know him because I'm attracted.

But here's where it differs: once I've gotten past that "I'm attracted to you in some way" stage, it's all about personality, intellect, etc. You can be super hot and stupid and I'm turned off.

I completely agree with you , I should have clarified my point more. What I meant to say is that alot of guys are willing to get past the obvious "personality issues" of a hot girl.

I completely agree with you , I should have clarified my point more. What I meant to say is that alot of guys are willing to get past the obvious "personality issues" of a hot girl.

until they grow up to be men. Of course, there will always be some who don't drop their balls thus will always be boys in which case they become subservient to said hot women to dance all over their soul

This was a Super Bowl ad!

This video is about as bad a misandrist ad as I've ever seen, but everyone here can be 100% sure you'd never see an ad with the roles reversed.

Apparently its funny to abuse men and to consider them incapable of self-respect in today's society.

I agree with you here. Men are always portrayed as gigantic idiots who can't wipe there own ass without an instruction manual from dear wifey. This is just as ignorant as saying all women should stand around waiting to be told what to do because they enjoy being subordinates and can't make an independent decision without a man around to hold there hand.

I don't think many women would disagree with the fact that men have been de-masculinized by stereotypical gender roles.

From a personal viewpoint, I hate a guy that is clingy, wants to constantly talk about feelings and feels the need to dote on me with flowers and constant compliments. All those gestures can be nice in moderation and when heartfelt (ex: flowers on a birthday) , but I much prefer genuine companionship, interesting conversations and personal chemistry to all that.

How does the feminization relate to men putting so much emphasis on looks? And does it? I'm curious about that.

I agree with you here. Men are always portrayed as gigantic idiots who can't wipe there own ass without an instruction manual from dear wifey. This is just as ignorant as saying all women should stand around waiting to be told what to do because they enjoy being subordinates and can't make an independent decision without a man around to hold there hand.

I find it funny that the two stereotypes mentioned above contradict each other.

Guest BluePin

The dominance of women in education and work combined with the submissiveness of the modern man to women, or the "feminization" of men( if you use the term to denote the behavioral characteristics of the pre-feminist woman), have created a bizarro world where men just don't have the confidence to go on dates with girls they think they'd like anymore.

The current issue of the Atlantic has a good article on this: "What, Me Marry?" by Kate Bolick.

Honestly I find that many girls in university already have a boyfriend or are engaged. However, I agree with what someone said on the first page. If I am talking to you or mention that we should hang out, it means I am into you.

I feel that way about boys. Every single good one is taken lol. Makes me sad.

It's not that all the good guys are taken. It's just that guys that are taken are perceived as being high quality guys, because a man's attractiveness is a function of how many other women like him (pre-selection). It's also a matter of always wanting what you can't have.

As for high quality women, here's the truth. Attractive women always have someone that they're sleeping with at any given time. Whenever you approach a hot woman, she'll automatically compare you to the guy she's currently banging. If she determines that you're significantly better, she'll choose you over him. If not, you'll get rejected. And this usually happens within the first 5 seconds of her meeting you.

It's not that all the good guys are taken. It's just that guys that are taken are perceived as being high quality guys, because a man's attractiveness is a function of how many other women like him (pre-selection). It's also a matter of always wanting what you can't have.

As for high quality women, here's the truth. Attractive women always have someone that they're sleeping with at any given time. Whenever you approach a hot woman, she'll automatically compare you to the guy she's currently banging. If she determines that you're significantly better, she'll choose you over him. If not, you'll get rejected. And this usually happens within the first 5 seconds of her meeting you.

LOL it must be exhausting to be a hot woman then! SO MANY men to bang ALL THE TIME!! And the constant judging/selection of new partners. Good lord, now I know why they wear so much make-up - to cover the bags under their eyes from not sleeping and constantly BANGING guys!! Thanks for sharing the truth with us, Atomsmasher. :rolleyes:

Tell them I find them interesting and invite them to do something random with me, the nature of which I haven't yet planned.

What do you do when you like a girl? I've had this discussion with my girlfriends recently and we are all confused by the boys in our lives.

Most of the guys I have wondered about are in fact also premed due to the environment I'm in.

Hopefully some people will be kind enough to inform me!

lol, this is so true

don't take it personally, but i'm not really interested in dating 99.5 percent of you, and only about a 1/4 of the other 0.5 percent are home runs... you have big tits, cool, so does everyone else, i actually had a big titted stripper give me a handjob centre stage in europe after we talked for 45 minutes, i only agreed because she was a pretty cool girl and knew soccer... what else is interesting about you?

Apparently its funny to abuse men and to consider them incapable of self-respect in today's society.

high quality doesn't equal attractive, if someone tries to sexually intimidate you and you pay no attention to them, clandestinely reveal their monolithic sense of self worth by using esoteric words in a casual and non ostentatious fashion, while acting bored and maintaining good body language... this completely destroys the paradigm they adhere to gain an extraneous sense of self worth and hot bimbos will croon over you or just pretend they don't like you because they don't want to damage others' perceived image of them.

Archived