Premed 101 Forums

Buying a House

jawn_doe

Yes it's possible. Foreigners can own homes in the US.

Never bothered buying though as I lived in Chicago and real estate was not cheap when I went to school. Plus I wanted to live downtown near our hospital amidst multimillion dollar condos (Oprah had a penthouse a few streets from me).

Hey!

Just wondering if Canadians are able to buy a house/land in the US with just a student visa or whatever. I was thinking it might be better to buy a house while the market is down and rent out a room or something.

Thanks for any help

I was talking about this too. Remember though that when the market is down, it may be cheap to buy the house. However, in a bad economy or real estate market it will be tough to sell the house in a few years when you don't need it anymore.

I was talking about this too. Remember though that when the market is down, it may be cheap to buy the house. However, in a bad economy or real estate market it will be tough to sell the house in a few years when you don't need it anymore.

On our tour at MSUCOM, we were told it's not a great market for buying a house... This changes depending on location, the deal you are getting, foreclosure property etc. Either way, it's best to do a LOT (LOT) of research and calculations before making such a decision.

Archived