Premed 101 Forums

Annoying dry coughs...

Soenuedo

Hey guys,

I've had a bad dry cough for almost two weeks now (just came out of a minor cold), and it's NOT GOING AWAY! It seems to be the most annoying at certain times of the day, like when I'm trying to go to bed, or an hour before I actually have to wake up...

What do you guys suggest? I've tried OTC cough syrup and it doesn't help at all. The only thing that provides some sort of relief is Fisherman's Friend (it's a minty lozenge thing)... I'm so tired of this!

Hey guys,

I've had a bad dry cough for almost two weeks now (just came out of a minor cold), and it's NOT GOING AWAY! It seems to be the most annoying at certain times of the day, like when I'm trying to go to bed, or an hour before I actually have to wake up...

What do you guys suggest? I've tried OTC cough syrup and it doesn't help at all. The only thing that provides some sort of relief is Fisherman's Friend (it's a minty lozenge thing)... I'm so tired of this!

Teas? Keep yourself warm to get better, get your vitamins in and just try and fight the virus?

Hey OP,

I'm in the same boat as you. I basically tried every OTC cough syrup, lozenge, and pill I could think of, and then I finally caved and took Buckley's Night formula. TASTES AWFUL, but it sure did work. The commercials don't lie.

Sometimes I think the only reason Buckley's works so well is because your body kicks its immune system into high gear JUST so it has to taste that stuff less. I'm not even kidding. I can't think of anything that tastes worse than Buckley's. But I guess it would have to work considering they've been around for like 90 years- who in their right mind would take something that foul if it didn't work at all?:P

I second the Buckley's. Also, try cepacol or strepsils throat lozenges right before bed. I'm sick right now, and I find if I hop into bed with one it calms my cough long enough that I can get to sleep.

Get better soon :)

Archived