Premed 101 Forums

Please help with "number of courses" and "ave

Guest Scholastica

Guest Scholastica

Hi!

Hope things are going well with all of you. :) I'm wondering if anyone could please enlighten me with what Memorial means by the "nubmer of courses".

If I'm from Ontario and took five full courses in each year, what number am I supposed to put in for the number of courses?

In Memorial, is each course equal to 6 credits (like UBC) and, so would my 5 courses be equivalent to 30 "number of courses"?

Thanks! :)

Guest clinicalchief

At MUN, one 'course' runs for a semester (~3 months or half a year) and is worth 3 credits. On the application for MUN, I believe there is a section where you enter the number of courses and your academic average for that year. This lets the AdCom easily get a simple overview of how well you handled your particular course loads for a given year. I suggest you contact admissions to find out what they think is best to enter for your number of courses.

If however, you end up putting in 5 courses per year, I suggest that you explain in the additional info section that 5 courses indicates a full course load at your school, just to be safe.

Good luck with your application.

cc

Archived