Premed 101 Forums

How can I raise my r score?

.paperplanes.

I'm about to finish cegep with a ~20 r score. I made a lot of stupid decisions. Failing, not doing well. I was ovethinking, not knowing what I was in school for, and let a break up affect me too much. Anyway, I'm not happy with this. Are there ways I can raise my r score? :P Thanks.

Franco-Quebecois universities attribute a Universite R Score for courses you did at university. If at the time of application, you have completed 15 university credits, your University R Score will count for 30% of your total R Score. Which also means that your Cegep R Score will no longer count after you do 50 credits of university studies (45 credits if you apply to medicine at uSherbrooke).

Provided you have gained the requisitie maturity from your experiences and you have learned from your mistakes, you are ahead of the game by having bloodied your knees. :) Quiebec - with Cegep - is the land of second chances :P and you can start with a clean slate in undergrad. If you were in any other province, we would be talking about GPA following you forever. However, GPA has not yet begun for you.

You need to understand what is truly important in your life in preparing yourself for your future. You need to prioritize and make academics your top priority. Do not allow yourself to get into a relationship with a s.o. who is needy, a distraction requiring immense amounts of your time, who is not supportive or understanding. Perceived short term benefits will be of no help to you.

You need to know how to study smart for you, how to stay on top of all asignments and academics, when to seek peer or professional counselling, when to go to the counselling office for help, what university and program is best for you. A strong work ethic is absolutely essential if you intend to crack the inner code of yourself. Failure, mistakes, detours are our very best teachers. We learn far more from our failures than fro m our successes. So, you are in a good place provided you deal with your problems well. For the balance of this year, attain good study habits with a solid work ethic preparing yourself for undergrad.

Archived