Premed 101 Forums

What's your wGPA?

I'll be honest with it- my wGPA is 3.35.

I'm pretty proud of what I managed to do, actually, and when you consider that includes a year that is under 2.6 (from 1997!), and my dropped year was 0.48 (!), I'm happy with it. I did a lot during the time I was in school and had a lot of responsibilities (running a $600K per year business, continuing to compete in sports) and I'm happy.

I think I'm in love with UofC, and I kind of want to resurrect the "Dr Walker appreciation thread"

and 14 VR. nicely done!! AMAZING!

Thanks :) Got really lucky with the exam. Made going to a Canadian medical school an actual possibility considering my lower-end gpa.

If you applied to Calgary as an OOP, it's something you should've been well aware of.

He might be in province. Mughel: it's a 3.6 as an OOP to apply and then they weight your gpa and verbal scores against all the OOP applicants and carry the best ~250 over for full-file review. Correct captain?

Also...does anybody know how much they adjust your GPA when it comes to the difficulty of your program/courses? I'm just wondering if it's a minor change or if it can actually inc/dec it quite a bit?

As far as I know, they don't adjust your GPA. Difficulty and courses can come into play with the subjective review though.

For my GPA (IP):

Posted yesterday: 3.77

Posted today: 3.78

ACTUAL GPA from Adele: 3.97

VR: 10

Everyone has such a high GPA lol. Here's to hoping that the posts in this thread are not representative of the OOP applicant pool. I'd like to remain cautiously optimistic about my chances :o

Typical for this thread, it seems!

Haha, I was just thinking the same. People are smart. but are 249 people who applied OOP smarter than me? It seems highly likely lol. I guess it will be up to the thunder gods.

Haha, I was just thinking the same. People are smart. but are 249 people who applied OOP smarter than me? It seems highly likely lol. I guess it will be up to the thunder gods.

It does seem likely that 249 from all over Canada could have significantly better GPA's than my 3.75 :( I am hoping my 11 VR could help but with twice the weight on the GPA my hopes are dwindling.

Archived