Premed 101 Forums

How to make myself study for a course I find so boring

thehockeykid

Is it normal if I find genetics boring? I honestly do not care that that

ribonucleotide monomers are composed of 3 parts: monosaccharide, nitrogenous base, and phosphate.

How can I make myself like to study this course?

Yes it's normal, I hate all science courses to be honest. I love health courses.

But I wish I could help, I just push through it lol not sure how you can really trick yourself into liking something you just dont. Just picture a beautiful B on your exam, it'll motivate you to study harder.

Funny how a B is equivalent to a failing grade to premeds. :P

ribonucleotide monomers are composed of 3 parts: monosaccharide, nitrogenous base, and phosphate.

Good ol' operant conditioning!

Set minor and major goals for yourself, and reward yourself proportionally to your achievement.

Minor goals: finishing a certain chapter or soemthing like that. Reward for that: get to watch an hour of TV, stuff like that.

Major Goals: Get a 90 on your upcoming test. Reward: buy yourself an accordion (I actually did that for my chem midterm lol)

You can also use rewards that you were gonna get anyways... you were gonna go to the movies this weekend anyway, but tell yourself that it's your reward, the psychological effect is similar.

This post is actually reinforcement to force myself to study psych... maybe it's not so useless after all

o man, wait till u take a course like metabolism, where u have to be able to draw atp

of course it's normal, we're all bored by something, it get's interesting when u start to be able to manipulate basic knowledge into synthetic conclusions, but most basic knowledge is boring as ****...

u just sit down and study, think about getting that a or something, or what you're going to do for christmas, or buy yourself a present for acing the exam, or compete with other people (anyone who sais competition is a bad motive - please shut up - a bad motive is something that doesn't motivate you).

man, i feel sorry for u, i remember intro evolution/ecology bio... i wanted to blow my brains out, who gives a **** what phylum or whatever u call it this stupid rat or worm is in... i don't remember anything from that course except when the meteors struck the earth, lol

lol, great advice,! i have a personal theory that utility to effort ratio is u shaped, slack and you get to live a fun hedonistic life without much hard work, work really hard and u get to make lots of money, not be a wage slave (this depends on your spending too though), get to travel the world, do exciting things. i also get to satisfy my sadistic desire to sue grossly negligent doctors who've caused patients a lot of suffering, get to help people... what's not to like.

i personally find the work to reward ratio to putting in average effort crappy, you get a **** mortgage for life, go to buffalo once year like you said, do boring ass, repetitive work, and generally be a slave for the rest of your life.

Genetics sucks and is boring.

You wanna do med. Med has a good income. Getting a good GPA increases your chances of getting into med. After you get out from residency you will be making at least 150k.

If you get a bad GPA expect to make no more than the average person, around 50k.

You can do a lot more with your life if you have the means to spend money on things. Vaca in Spain vs Buffalo NY? Driving a Kia vs a Porsche? Sending your kids to UCC vs whatever school the government forces you to send them to? Let that be your motivation.

Now get studying. Its the best investment you'll ever make.

(but of course should you fail you could just do nursing and eventually get into some sort of medical field with a good salary)

i'd argue if u did psychology, got interested, and actually read real psychology (not the bull**** oversimplified courses u get rammed down ur throat), it's one of the most "personally" useful degrees to have done

This post is actually reinforcement to force myself to study psych... maybe it's not so useless after all

no matter how many times i tell myself i like anatomy, it still doesn't come naturally, even if i think of it functionally, i just can't make it seem important to me.

why should i care about this minutia, it doesn't effect me, except maybe whether i get an a or b, thats probably why i dropped anatomy, took a different trajectory, and took a course in philosophy

the appeal to me was there, it was about existentialism, the difference was like night and day, almost a complete schism

but what would you expect, making meaning in life, touches us all dearly. anatomy, perhaps minimally, and if so only tangentially.

yet others more worldly, absolutely love it, mastering anatomy, is a skill they covet.

i can see, why this would be, being able to explain and understand a sports injury, seems really perplexing, if you spend a lot of time in front of the mirror with dumb bells flexing.

i hope it isn't a crime, that this posts is all rhymes, i just find it sublime, and if happiness is a crime, i'll gladly plead guilty and do my time, roflmao.

I think you need to go with self motivational sessions and it must be there for you.

i seriously freak myself up with how fast i can write those 6 word things, it's like the restriction just brings up thoughts... spontaneously, passively, without having to commit any energy, to delivering my message - succinctly, eloquently, so that my view of destiny, can come to fruition, manifestly

like... i wrote that in like 15 seconds, ****, i wish writing paid better, maybe i can get a job writing slogans for pharmaceutical companies

zyprexa: preventing the other people in your head from also getting diabetes, talk to your doctor today... wait, that's too honest, why can't virtues be profitable, lol?

If so, a rhyme is a harmless crime requiring no time. Leaving words, you can always mime.

i seriously freak myself up with how fast i can write etthose 6 word things, it's like the restriction just brings up thoughts... spontaneously, passively, without having to commit any energy, to delivering my message - succinctly, eloquently, so that my view of destiny, can come to fruition, manifestly

You definitely have a talent at this! :P

i remember intro evolution/ecology bio... i wanted to blow my brains out, who gives a **** what phylum or whatever u call it this stupid rat or worm is in... i don't remember anything from that course except when the meteors struck the earth, lol

rofl, just finished that part on my human development course. I find all this crap interesting but just so frickin boring yet prof does try to do a decent job at making it somewhat interesting and he's a good guy as well so that helps.

We're doing genetics now. wtf do I care about a punnett square? AaBb, AA, Bb, Rr,YY, RR,Yy arghhh zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived