Premed 101 Forums

Dr Ron Paul warns of world war 3

ch3wbacca1991

If you're trying to imply that Paul is anything like Bachman, then you clearly don't have a ****ing clue about real life.

That is a good point. Ron Paul is nothing like Bachmann. Quiz time! Let's play Bachmann or Paul?

1) Which candidate has the support of fundamentalist super nut Ann Coulter for the Presidency in 2012?

2) Which creationist candidate said: "I think it's a theory... the theory of evolution and I don't accept it as a theory."

3) Which candidate said: "H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely." Da UN iz comin fur our gunz!!!

4) Which candidate thinks that Christians are under attack in the US: "The ultimate goal of the anti-religious elites is to transform America into a completely secular nation, a nation that is legally and culturally biased against Christianity."

5) Which candidate introduced the House Joint Resolution 80 to amend the Constitution to prohibit physical destruction of the American flag. (So much for the Libertarian principle of the right to do what you see fit with your own property).

6) Which candidate was the only member of Congress to oppose the banning of lead in children’s toys.

7) Which candidate said this about legal abortion in the US: “Unlike Nazi Germany, which forcibly sent millions to the gas chambers (as well as forcing abortion and sterilization upon many more), the new regime has enlisted the assistance of millions of people to act as its agents in carrying out a program of mass murder.”

8) Which candidate opposed the creation of a commission to monitor the eradication of slavery in Sudan. (something even idiots like Brownback and Keyes supported).

9) Which candidate apparently thinks that politicians in a democratic country should be guided by the dictates of the Vatican: "I’m happy to witness so many politicians honoring a great man of God and peace (John Paul II). The problem, however, is that so few of them honored him during his lifetime by their actions as legislators. In fact, most members of Congress support policies that are totally at odds with Catholic teachings."

10) Pretty soon their won't be a Christmas!! I mean last year Christmas only lasted for what? 45 days? It is clearly taking it's last gasps. Which candidate said: "The secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war."

11) It's always best to believe the conspiracy theories if there is no evidence for them. So which candidate said: "NAFTA's superhighway is just one part of a plan to erase the borders between the U.S. and Mexico, called the North American Union. This spawn of powerful special interests, would create a single nation out of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, with a new unelected bureaucracy and money system."

12) Which candidate said: "The community of faith that once lived at Mount Carmel in Waco, Texas, believed the promise of free society. They chose to separate themselves from society, as so many others have done in our nation's history." So...the authorities have no right to use a legally obtained search warrant to see if the horrendous claims of sexual assaults and physical abuse against several children are true....Afterall, private property rights trump the safety of children and it is not like they burned a flag or anything....We have a duty to protect those inanimate objects, but not the animate ones.

13) Which candidate said: "The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society." The same candidate who opposed Martin Luther King Jr. Day and had newsletters in his/her name which referred to it as "Hate Whitey Day" and referred to MLK as a pedophile.(*)

14) Which candidate "said": "Homosexuals were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activites. Bring back the closet!” At the same time, on hearing that gay people had been invited to the white house, said that it should be renamed the pink house.(*)

15) Which candidate "said" that gays were actively trying to poison the blood supply with AIDS. Also said that gay people love the pity that comes with being sick.(*)

16) Which candidate "said" I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.(*)

17) Which candidate "said" that opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions.(*)

18) Which candidate "said" even in my little town of Lake Jackson, Texas, I’ve urged everyone in my family to know how to use a gun in self defense. For the animals are coming. (Referring to African American youth).(*)

19) Which candidate said: "The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs."

20) Which candidate said: "The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance."

If you answered Ron Paul to questions 1 - 20 then you are correct.

(Note questions 13 - 18 include actual remarks as well as racist and homophobic quotes from newsletters put out in Ron Paul's name. He denies authorship of those remarks (or knowing who, or caring who the author(s) were over a span of 2 decades), yet apparently for 20 years either he didn't read the newsletter he put out (and apparently no one else close to him read it and warned him about the frequency of such remarks), or had no problem with the racist and homophobic remarks...including the ones in which the unknown author made reference to living in the small town in which Ron Paul happened to live at the time.)

Fundamentalist evangelical? Check. History of homophobic remarks? Check. Denies the scientific consensus on evolution? Check. Denies the scientific consensus on climate change? Check. Holds an extreme pro-life position? Check. Opposes separation of church and state? Check. Holds a mythic historical view of the founding fathers and revolution, rather than one that is based on evidence? Check. Holds simplistic positions based, not on reality or evidence, but on a fully entrenched world-view? Check.

Yeah....I don't know how anyone could compare Ron Paul to Michelle Bachmann. And for a good time I encourage people to read The Daily Paul. While not connected directly to Ron Paul, it is full of very vocal supporters of his and is your one stop shopping centre for conspiracy theories (they proudly claim to have founded the term “birther” and that insanity), racist views, and nutty medical claims (like cancer is a fungus).

You know you have a problem when the Federal Reserve is going around bailing out banks all over the world with fiat money.

Except it is not really all over the world. Compare countries that deregulated their banking and financial sectors to ones that did not. Canada didn't need to bail out banks, but would we have needed to if Stephen Harper had been Prime Minister 5+ years before 2006 and deregulated the banks (as he wanted to do big time)? I don't think that anyone can say for sure. I think that looking at comparable countries gives a pretty strong answer.

That doesn't mean that I support the bank bailouts, because the way they were structured by both Bush, Obama, and in most other countries was, at least in my opinion, terrible (there were a couple interesting exceptions. Iceland being one, although I have doubts that what appears to have worked in Iceland could have worked in the same way in other countries. And, as I linked to the other day, the Swedish method from the early 90s).

And Wayward son, you clearly know more about Reagan term than I do. However, what you are saying actually makes my point. He GREW government. He RAISED taxes. The economy tanked afterwards.

I don't think that I am making your point at all. What I am saying is that these are complicated issues. Reagan shrank the government and decreased taxes in 1981, and the economy tanked almost immediately. He reversed most of those cuts the following year and the economy recovered. The US had two other small recessions in 1990 and 2001 (I don't think either of which can be blamed on increased taxes or growth in the size of government) and then of course the large one that we are probably still in (which has many causes). That doesn't mean that growing the government and raising taxes won't result in a tanked economy. Nor does it mean that shrinking the government and decreasing taxes won't spur the economy. It is extremely complicated and depends on many factors (most of which are completely out of the control of the government).

Just because I think that Ron Paul's ideas would lead to failure, does not mean that I am saying that growing the government and raising taxes are always the way to go (but sometimes they are, and I think that raising the taxes on the rich in the US as Buffett and Gates have both also called for, is a sensible policy and probably necessary for the US to get out of the mess that it is). What I am saying is that when facing a problem, looking at the best evidence in as unbiased way as one can is much more likely to lead to success than following an ideology.

Archived