Premed 101 Forums

Retaking Pre-reqs While Pursuing a 2nd Degree?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if retaking pre-reqs would be beneficial or not while pursuing a 2nd degree. The reason I ask is that my poor grades are mostly from my 1st/2nd year courses which were mostly pre-reqs. I understand that if I do excellent in my 2nd degree and get an interview, medical schools like UBC will still look at my pre-reqs post interview...

hmmmm what to do?

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if retaking pre-reqs would be beneficial or not while pursuing a 2nd degree. The reason I ask is that my poor grades are mostly from my 1st/2nd year courses which were mostly pre-reqs. I understand that if I do excellent in my 2nd degree and get an interview, medical schools like UBC will still look at my pre-reqs post interview...

hmmmm what to do?

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated.

don't do it!!

Things to consider:

1) Few schools consider repeat courses. The ones that do usually look at BOTH courses. Would it be better to just focus on new courses and your cGPA?

2) If you didn't do well the first time, what changed? If you repeat them, are you sure you will do better?

Good luck deciding :)

I actually have another question.

I was looking through some of the second degree policies of the medical schools in the sticky and noticed that many of them do not specify that I need to have my second degree in sciences. So my question is: can I pursue a degree in say..Engineering? Law? Business? Basically something does not exactly involve sciences.

Thanks again for any help!

Archived