Premed 101 Forums

Do they check??

Guest sunshinesmiles222002

Guest PeterHill0501

You know, beaver, your handle also conjures up some interesting imagery...I picture...well...some really big teeth...lots of fur...and a big tail..... :rollin

Guest PeterHill0501

Thanks ikus...and I do apologize for ASSuming...it just seemed funny that someone is actually backing laura up...and I haven't seen your name around too often in the threads I frequent.

Good luck to you too.

Peter

Guest Rushslowly

You're right Laura - you didn't jump to conclusions and answered the question point blank. Maybe you answered directly but vaguely. Peter on the other end of the spectrum maybe was a little verbose and assuming. Of course we all would never act like this as responsible physicians, right? Perhaps somewhere in between is acheivable. It's just semantics, though! If I knew how to make a smiley face there, I would.

Adding my real name to this post shouldn't make it more or less respectable.

My remarks were more directed to Arkane's comments on the actual person who was caught.

Guest Rushslowly

Hi Peter,

Well I haven't been posting too much on here, if you are referring to me?

I've only every submitted one joke and a query to Ian about the immunology link. Check with Ian, I'm sure he can vouch for this.

Although I might not be standing by my real name, I stand alone and on my own!

Guest PeterHill0501

Rushslowly,

You're ikus? As I said before, I apologize for assuming...if you're ikus, I've seen your posts under the handle Rushslowly...

verbose? verbose? I've never been accused of being verbose :rollin !

Cheers.

Peter

P.S. If you want to learn how to make a smiley face...it's really easy, just click on the link for "emoticons" and copy the characters...for a smiley face, for example, you just type a colon, followed immediately by a close parenthesis character.

Guest Rushslowly

Sorry bout that, I'm not ikus, I meant to say are you referring to me, too? No, I only have one user name. It was hard enough for me to think of this one!

And Hello to everyone, here.

Guest Ian Wong

I guess this gets the nomination for one of the fastest growing threads ever. I do agree with Peter here. The temptation to lie/conceal/whatever is great during the application process, and sometimes that temptation is great when you're on the wards as well. You will most certainly encounter situations in medical school that really test your moral and ethical stances, and I think the best way to handle them is to maintain that good moral grounding from the beginning.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest PeterHill0501

You said it Ian...and I know many people would say..."I wouldn't do that as a resident/doctor" but I have to admit...I'm not so sure that people who lie here wouldn't take the opportunity to do so if they made a mistake that they could get blamed/sued for.

It is amazing what actually sparks a thread like this...people are funny, aren't they?!

Guest beavers

What are you saying Peter? .........Beavers cant make good doctors.....and quit making fun of my tail! :):)

Take care Peter

PS I just dont like the Secords of the world dishing false info that could ultimatley get someone kicjed out of med school or ruin their chances for good.

Guest PeterHill0501

You're right, laura secord, I did spend lots of time here today...I was off work for the day and have been quite bored and feeling anxious. I find this forum quite fun, stress-reducing and have gleaned lots of great information and met lots of interesting and fun people to interact with here.

I've actually supported myself since my master's degree...well, actually, NSERC supported me during that...since then I've worked as a vision researcher, pharmaceutical researcher, human factors researcher and product design manager at Nortel for 11 years, built a research and design company in Ottawa with 5 colleagues and most recently have joined Statistics Canada as a quantitative research manager since our group was laid off from Nortel last summer...you're right...I must be crazy...and obviously have never been able to secure good employment...that's why I thought I'd go back to school...poverty...debt...call...etc. :b

Thanks for the fun and distraction.

Peter

Guest Laura Secord

Not everyone can admit when they're wrong. No hard feelings. Apology accepted. Good Luck in all of your future endeavours!

Guest UWOMED2005

Hmm. . . now I understand why people were disparaging in another thread a Canadian hero and maker of great chocolates!

Wow - I wish I had more time to debate ethical issues in medicine and posting on meds admissions boards. . . unfortunately I have exams.

Archived