Premed 101 Forums

Farting clerks

Sometime in the last couple years one of the other residents asked me whether I thought it was appropriate for him to comment on a medical student's persistent body odor. This student hadn't seemed to grasp the idea of deodorant or perhaps even showering. Or, they were just incredibly cursed. The resident who was going to raise the issue is incredibly nice and they were concerned that the student's smell was so offensive it would affect them negatively if someone didn't point it out. Don't know what happened.

Farting doesn't really count. Most people I work with will point it out and make a joke about it. Usually this is at the clerk's expense until a later point in the rotation when they realize we think it is funny to fart in the OR and laugh at each other as well. I'm not a rocket surgeon, that's for sure.

Sometime in the last couple years one of the other residents asked me whether I thought it was appropriate for him to comment on a medical student's persistent body odor. This student hadn't seemed to grasp the idea of deodorant or perhaps even showering. Or, they were just incredibly cursed. The resident who was going to raise the issue is incredibly nice and they were concerned that the student's smell was so offensive it would affect them negatively if someone didn't point it out. Don't know what happened.

so funny... there was also a student in my year who smelled horrible ... it was almost inconceivable that someone in medical school could have such poor personal hygiene... but even worse, nobody wanted to say anything... it was so bad, that if I sat too close it would make me nauseous!!

I hope that somebody eventually confronted him, because I feel bad for his future colleagues and patients.

Archived