Premed 101 Forums

Family Medicine Interview VS Internal Medicine Interview and Ranking Process

Man_2ba

I was wondering How important the Interview is for Family Medicine. My advisor has just informed me is number 1 in Family Medicine but for IM is just a shaker upper. So for Family they rank you based on Interview and for IM they rank you based on everything else [interview is just to +/- 5 position on ranking].

Has anybody heard of this.

Also on the Interview date, Do I just take my Ipad, my CV and Personal Statement. or should I bring something along, other my smile and good attitude.

how many threads are you going to start about family medicine interviews???

Just do your best and then cross your fingers.

Stressing and compulsively asking questions like this on premed forums is not going to help you.

I love how your so calm and collective. Do you go to to Manitoba too or Ontario schools.

@mani2ba: change ur username so you won't get caught next time LOL just joking

seriously, what I heard is some IM programs don't give a crap about

1) ref letter (they assume that they're all good anyways - except your referee is a moron)

2) personal letter (i.e. it won't add points to your profile, though the inverse is not true - if they don't like your letter)

I can't comment on IM interviews, I think it's more program dependent though

Also on the Interview date, Do I just take my Ipad, my CV and Personal Statement. or should I bring something along, other my smile and good attitude.

You can take that stuff with you but they will already have your application in front of them when asking you questions.

Doesn't hurt to go through it beforehand to make sure you know your application well.

Archived