Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

know what chaps my ass?

When people think a graduate degree = simply graduating from something (high school, college, undergrad)

ou would not believe the number of people I encounter who have actually said they had a graduate degree.... from high school!

interesting discussion here; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407761619530183/permalink/1415083228798022/

I do feel bad for graduate students (international or domestic) who are struggling. I struggled too my first time in university as I was dirt poor. I had a (football) "scholarship" back then but still had to work to survive. The reality is that without the money I received to play ball I would have never been able to go to university.

That said, it was an undergrad education. Even if I had wanted to pursue graduate studies at the time I couldn't have because I knew I didn't have enough money to live on. Why are grad students exempt from this reality? If they are having financial struggles why did they not consider that before going forward with grad studies? Go work, save up some money and go back. This is the part I really struggle with as there seems to be a complete lack of their own accountability in terms of "can I afford to go back to school for graduate studies at this time?" This is not their undergraduate education. This is for more advanced education. I am not sure people should be excused from their own inability to plan properly. Moral hazard!

Caveat: no issues with newly admitted international grad students. We all know they got hoses by the $7K fee increase.

/off soapbox

Archived