Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just hard to sympathize with their crying broke with no food, barely able to pay rent, etc when this reality should be been quite foreseeable to them.

I can just imagine if I were to complain to my family about having financial difficulties. Their exact response would be along the lines of : 'you should have made sure you could afford to go back to school before actually going back. Don't complain to me because you weren't smart enough to plan ahead' lol

I'm just bored and procrastinating. Premed drama is all I have right now. 

I've been procrastinating a bit too. Some of it is because im so anxious about 2070, some of it is because I've been studying for the same midterms for over 1 month because they keep getting pushed back.

Lmao when I had my biomed orientations leader gave us a tour around campus, At the very end, he said "1/2 of you are gonna switch to psyc and the other half to bio, biomed is just a catchy phrase for all those high school premeds who think biomed=medical school"

Did you learn a lot from BIOL2070 or is it just an annoying prerequisite? 

I think I might be allowed to enrol in Molecular Bio without it...

You learn lab techniques, more or less. All the actually science behind why a protein purification works, for example, you learn in Biol2020.

There is no way in hell I'm retaking 2070. It is like 10-12 hours of work every single week.

You learn lab techniques, more or less. All the actually science behind why a protein purification works, for example, you learn in Biol2020.

There is no way in hell I'm retaking 2070. It is like 10-12 hours of work every single week.

Do you think taking it is necessary to be successful in a research position?

I got an interview for the PASS leader position yay.

Do you think taking it is necessary to be successful in a research position?

I got an interview for the PASS leader position yay.

There were two professors that wanted me to do research in their labs. Both of them said they would show me how to do everything that I needed to do. The way they teach you how to do a purification, how to make a gel etc in 2070 is so stupid. It took me like an hour to make a gel in 2070, the next day I made 10 in half the time.

The only reason I took the course is that it is a prereq for all the cool upper year bio courses (except those that are cross listed in Chem, or physiology classes).

There were two professors that wanted me to do research in their labs. Both of them said they would show me how to do everything that I needed to do. The way they teach you how to do a purification, how to make a gel etc in 2070 is so stupid. It took me like an hour to make a gel in 2070, the next day I made 10 in half the time.

The only reason I took the course is that it is a prereq for all the cool upper year bio courses (except those that are cross listed in Chem, or physiology classes).

Ok so it just sounds like a big pain. Is your major Bio or BioMed?

I'm hoping that my wavering of prerequisites extends up to 3rd year courses but I'm not sure whether I want to risk it.

Lmao when I had my biomed orientations leader gave us a tour around campus, At the very end, he said "1/2 of you are gonna switch to psyc and the other half to bio, biomed is just a catchy phrase for all those high school premeds who think biomed=medical school"

lol he missed kine! 

Ok so it just sounds like a big pain. Is your major Bio or BioMed?

I'm hoping that my wavering of prerequisites extends up to 3rd year courses but I'm not sure whether I want to risk it.

I'm in bio. I'm hoping I can get a waiver for 2070 at the very least. I will lose the year for med schools most likely, but whatever. York'd so hard.

Archived