Premed 101 Forums

Where do you guys want to end up next year?

Just wondering. It seems that Toronto is highly competitive based on my friends who matched last year but where do you guys want to end up?

For me, I'm only going to 1 interview in Montreal. Since I'm definitely ranking it, I'm pretty much ranking it #1 in my overall CaRMS/NRMP programs.

How about you guys?

Just wondering. It seems that Toronto is highly competitive based on my friends who matched last year but where do you guys want to end up?

For me, I'm only going to 1 interview in Montreal. Since I'm definitely ranking it, I'm pretty much ranking it #1 in my overall CaRMS/NRMP programs.

How about you guys?

wow, that is really putting it all out on the line. What is your logic with that? - probably some special case going on?

Ha, I am ranking 12 American programs.

Among the Canadian programs in my chosen specialty, there are only 2 worth ranking before my US programs (based on my mentors) and among those 2, I can only see myself living in that one city. hehe. So I'm only interviewing at 1 Canadian program.

I don't have enough balls to rank just 1 program.

If you like Best Coast, check out Bleached.

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard of people only ranking one program, but it was family medicine at their home school. And then they took vacation on some beach in the Caribbean for the rest of CaRMS. Pretty sweet deal.

I still can do this ... only 2 more interviews to go :)

You guys have official days off for carms?

most schools get 2-3 weeks off for interviews.

Aside from McGill, quebec schools usually don't give time off because the majority of their students only apply to local schools (i.e. mtl/sherb/laval) and don't travel cross-country.... sucks for those that do.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed no time off for interviews at QC francophone schools, we can miss a max. of 25% (same as in other rotations). In fact some of the people who have a 2-week rotation during this time and miss too many days have to sometimes redo that rotation at the end of clerkship before the LMCC. I don't know (I hope) it's not everybody and that it depends on the supervisor.

Still sucks, there is definitely no time for any sort of "vacation" right now. I hope the QC schools will eventually catch on and give their future students some official time off for this period of the year. Seems more fair, since there is quite a bit of students (that I know of anyway) who go for interviews outside of the province.

I hope the QC schools will eventually catch on and give their future students some official time off for this period of the year. Seems more fair, since there is quite a bit of students (that I know of anyway) who go for interviews outside of the province.

Not likely.

The vast majority only interview within the province.

The whole 'carms tour' concept is very foreign to quebecers.

Those of us who traveled to OOP interviews were met with confused reactions from fellow students who seem to ignore the fact that a world exists outside the borders of this province!

Archived