Premed 101 Forums

2015?

Hello everyone!

I am really considering applying to U of O next september as an undergraduate in the hope of getting accepted to the french stream MD program later on. Although this is still a far fetch from now, why does some people say they got accepted for MD program of 2015? Does the MD program takes admission 3 years in advance? Dont you have to finish atleast 3 years of undergrad?

Thank you!

Those are for people who were admitted to an MD program in Fall 2011, and will graduate in Spring 2015.

Most Canadian medical schools offer 4 year MD programs. There are some exceptions, including McMaster and Calgary, both of which offer 3 year MD programs (not sure if I'm missing any).

Those are for people who were admitted to an MD program in Fall 2011, and will graduate in Spring 2015.

Most Canadian medical schools offer 4 year MD programs. There are some exceptions, including McMaster and Calgary, both of which offer 3 year MD programs (not sure if I'm missing any).

Ahhh I see, so in 2015 they will officially be doctors? Any other MD programs that dont need mcat and offer french instruction?

Hello everyone!

I am really considering applying to U of O next september as an undergraduate in the hope of getting accepted to the french stream MD program later on. Although this is still a far fetch from now, why does some people say they got accepted for MD program of 2015? Does the MD program takes admission 3 years in advance? Dont you have to finish atleast 3 years of undergrad?

Thank you!

that used to confuse me initially as well :) I am class of 2013 but started med school fall of 2009. I am class of 2013 because that is the year I will graduate in. Other schools follow the same pattern.

Ahhh I see, so in 2015 they will officially be doctors? Any other MD programs that dont need mcat and offer french instruction?

Laval, Montreal, and Sherbrooke offer med in french and there is no MCAT requirement. However, to get in, you must be a resident of Quebec.

Archived