Premed 101 Forums

Where to stay in Saskatoon?

Laura's Lodge

It's right across the street from the hospital/med school. I think the place was filled with interviewees during interview weekend last year. lol

Beware - walls are thin and I was kept awake by someone talking on the payphone late at night. My friend had to cancel because of a snowstorm (flight cancelled) and they wrote a letter requiring full payment despite this not being in their policies upfront.

That being said, it is cheap and close.

The Park Town Hotel is nice as well and just a walk across the bridge.

Beware - walls are thin and I was kept awake by someone talking on the payphone late at night. My friend had to cancel because of a snowstorm (flight cancelled) and they wrote a letter requiring full payment despite this not being in their policies upfront.

That being said, it is cheap and close.

The Park Town Hotel is nice as well and just a walk across the bridge.

True. But it's fine if you're not picky.

Call an inn or hotel on College Drive or 8th street -- don't stay downtown if you want cheap pricing (although, downtown is quite close to campus).

congrats & good luck!

+1...downtown hotels can be bit expensive except that Patricia Hotel, which is much cheaper, but will work if you are short on budget!

This thread kind of made me think, what if the UofS did student hosting, where interviewees could stay stay with volunteer med students for a night? I think that's what a lot of US med schools do

Thats a great idea, though I hate to say this that admission committee of College of Medicine at Usask do not seem to care much about OOP applicants...at least that is what I have noticed.

This thread kind of made me think, what if the UofS did student hosting, where interviewees could stay stay with volunteer med students for a night? I think that's what a lot of US med schools do

They do have this:

INTERVIEW WEEKEND

Dear U of S Med School Interviewee,

Congratulations on receiving an invitation for an interview!

We want to offer you one further invitation:

Do you need a place to stay while you are in Saskatoon?

Our first year students would be pleased*to*offer*you*accommodation*while*you’re*here,*

to cut down on costs and stress. If you would like to be billeted, please e-mail

lra049@mail.usask.ca before March 2, 2012.

Please include in your e-mail the night(s) you require accommodation, as well as any

preferences regarding male/female billeter, smoker/non-smoker, etc.

We will do our best to accommodate preferences.

Good luck with your interview preparations. We look forward to meeting you!

First Year Medical Class

They do have this:

INTERVIEW WEEKEND

Dear U of S Med School Interviewee,

Congratulations on receiving an invitation for an interview!

We want to offer you one further invitation:

Do you need a place to stay while you are in Saskatoon?

Our first year students would be pleased*to*offer*you*accommodation*while*you’re*here,*

to cut down on costs and stress. If you would like to be billeted, please e-mail

lra049@mail.usask.ca before March 2, 2012.

Please include in your e-mail the night(s) you require accommodation, as well as any

preferences regarding male/female billeter, smoker/non-smoker, etc.

We will do our best to accommodate preferences.

Good luck with your interview preparations. We look forward to meeting you!

First Year Medical Class

I'm an OOP interviewee but I never got this email. I've indicated my interview time slot preference as it said in the initial invite email but haven't got anything else yet. Would you mind telling me when you got that email or if it's only for IP applicants?

U of S students do volunteer for billeting! They haven't contacted us yet, but they usually do in February.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived