Premed 101 Forums

Application review and consultation services?

There a bunch of paid services, but I wouldn't waste my money (or time) on them if I were you.

These forums have a lot of experienced posters who have been through the process and would love to help out. I know that some posters will help with the essay, interview tips, etc. I'm sure this would be much more useful to you!

There a bunch of paid services, but I wouldn't waste my money (or time) on them if I were you.

These forums have a lot of experienced posters who have been through the process and would love to help out. I know that some posters will help with the essay, interview tips, etc. I'm sure this would be much more useful to you!

Agreed! :)

Does such thing exist? official and unofficial?

Thanks,

Muhgel

They're expensive and often run by people who do not have an intimate understanding or experience with the admissions process.

I got most of my stuff edited by future_doc, and I've gotten 4 interviews thus far!

Also, my profs and mentors helped out a lot with respect to essays and interview skills. I'm sure most schools have faculty members who have sat on med admissions committees before (this is true of my school, even though we don't have a med school), and so they can help you.

They're expensive and often run by people who do not have an intimate understanding or experience with the admissions process.

I got most of my stuff edited by future_doc, and I've gotten 4 interviews thus far!

Also, my profs and mentors helped out a lot with respect to essays and interview skills. I'm sure most schools have faculty members who have sat on med admissions committees before (this is true of my school, even though we don't have a med school), and so they can help you.

funny_boy and f_d and everyone for that matter, i've been out of school for a while, not sure if i'll be able to get a prof to give me some feedback. i do, however, have coworkers who take the time to review my CV and essay. I'm looking for advice on how to strengthen my application and fill the gaps given my stats. Any idea where to look for credible feedback?

If you have friends who have gone through the process, buy them a coffee (or dinner if you are generous) and you can go through your application.

Also, physician mentors (or your PI) are a valuable source to bounce your PS off of.

While coworkers are a good method to have extra input, keep in mind your PS will be read by people intimately involved in medicine.

Archived