Premed 101 Forums

Would you like Cerena, currently a premed, to be appointed as a Super Moderator?

future_doc

Are you in favour of Cerena, a premed, being appointed as Super Moderator?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of Cerena, a premed, being appointed as Super Moderator?

• Yes
    • Uncertain
    • No

Guys,

I believe it was back in about October of 2010 when Ian appointed numerous premeds as mods. They have done a great job for us and have since been accepted into medical school. The fact that they subsequently were accepted to med school does not make them great mods!

Cerena indicated a willingness to become a mod - which is not an easy task and, in fact, is a serious and thankless responsibility.

Cerena has proven herself to be a compassionate and most helpful member who regularly dispenses her comfort, advice and wisdom on the public forum and by PM.

It would be beneficial for Ian to know if you are in favour of Cerena now being appointed as Super Mod. And for remorelan to know in the event that he is given authority to appoint mods. I shall cast the first vote.

The poll shuts down in 30 days.

Guys,

I believe it was back in about October of 2010 when Ian appointed numerous premeds as mods. They have done a great job for us and have since been accepted into medical school. The fact that they subsequently were accepted to med school does not make them great mods!

Cerena indicated a willingness to become a mod - which is not an easy task and, in fact, is a serious and thankless responsibility.

Cerena has proven herself to be a compassionate and most helpful member who regularly dispenses her comfort, advice and wisdom on the public forum and by PM.

It would be beneficial for Ian to know if you are in favour of Cerena now being appointed as Super Mod. And for remorelan to know in the event that he is given authority to appoint mods. I shall cast the first vote.

The poll shuts down in 30 days.

I don't post a lot, but I have used this site for premed information for a long time and I always see Cerena being very helpful to others...she should def get to be appointed to super mod. I dont understand what remorelan would be appointed to? could you please explain further

I dont understand what remorelan would be appointed to? could you please explain further

rmorelan, a Moderator, is always here but he does not have the power of an Administrator. The sole creator and administrator of this site is Ian Wong. He is not always available and therefore, it seems approed.priate that there be one other person with the same powers that he has. It is a natural that rmorelan be so appointed so that he may attend to forum business in the absence of Ian, thereby sharing this responsibility.

rmorelan, a Moderator, is always here but he does not have the power of an Administrator. The sole creator and administrator of this site is Ian Wong. He is not always available and therefore, it seems approed.priate that there be one other person with the same powers that he has. It is a natural that rmorelan be so appointed so that he may attend to forum business in the absence of Ian, thereby sharing this responsibility.

thax for the clarification

U are an incredible and invaluable person, f_d, but this thread doesn't seem appropiate. I believe under the suggestions thread, your post would merit more value. For someone that comes across as intelligent, your posts suggest otherwise as someone yearning for acceptance and attention. Everything has a time and place, and this wasn't it.

Guys, I'm not going to pretend I have not seen this thread and I would like to clarify my position. I'm appreciative of those who have said nice things, and gave their input, but I feel a bit uncomfortable here. I think that the mods do a fantastic job. And, though the support is lovely, I think it's best for Ian and the mods to decide:

1. If there is a need for new moderators

2. Who to assign as mods

I'm perfectly happy being a member of the forum, helping as best as I can just like so many of you guys do on a regular basis. Mod or not, that's not going to change.

U are an incredible and invaluable person, f_d, but this thread doesn't seem appropiate. I believe under the suggestions thread, your post would merit more value. For someone that comes across as intelligent, your posts suggest otherwise as someone yearning for acceptance and attention. Everything has a time and place, and this wasn't it.

Dude. You made this exact same poll a few months ago.

Cerena would get my #1 vote for becoming the next mod if we need one.

This. (obviously nothing against Cerena, just not the right way to do it)

Guys, I'm not going to pretend I have not seen this thread and I would like to clarify my position. I'm appreciative of those who have said nice things, and gave their input, but I feel a bit uncomfortable here. I think that the mods do a fantastic job. And, though the support is lovely, I think it's best for Ian and the mods to decide:

1. If there is a need for new moderators

2. Who to assign as mods

I'm perfectly happy being a member of the forum, helping as best as I can just like so many of you guys do on a regular basis. Mod or not, that's not going to change.

And with that being said, I'm going to close this thread.

If you have suggestions for who should be a mod, feel free to post in the suggestions thread. Thanks.

Archived