Premed 101 Forums

Why does CaRMS take so long?

If all parties have already submitted electronic ROLs, why isn't the entire match figured out with a click of a button?

Do they MANUALLY distribute residents among all spots in the country? It's just that it shouldn't take that long at all if it's done using a computer.

Well they already removed people from the NRMP match in the US (which is a big deal, since if there was a mistake, those people would be SCREWED) so it doesn't take that long and the results are finalized. As to why they are forcing everyone to wait a week longer, I think it's just for torture reasons.

Well they already removed people from the NRMP match in the US (which is a big deal, since if there was a mistake, those people would be SCREWED) so it doesn't take that long and the results are finalized. As to why they are forcing everyone to wait a week longer, I think it's just for torture reasons.

Being withdrawn from the NRMP and finding out I matched a week before finding out where is still :):D !

CaRMS isn't quite as bad as the NRMP for waiting. With the NRMP you find out if you match March 12 but then you have to wait until March 16 to find out where. Plus we started interviews in October.

Archived