Premed 101 Forums

2012 McMaster Interview - anyone get an offer?

Ahh, this doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I have a feeling that everyone was contacted who would be. But there might still be hope! Good luck to you all with interviews! And I'm sharing in crossing fingers for all still waiting to hear! :)

Danielle just informed me today that a second round of invites was sent off today. Congrats to all those who received one! :)

Unfortunately I didn't receive one.

All the best to those who received an invite!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I was also interviewed, and am awaiting a response. May 25th is not too far away; hopefully they are able to make their decisions are quickly this year!

I put so much effort into preparing for the MMI, and really hope it pays off... however, there were a few stations I wish I could go back and re-take. This is obviously not possible, so I guess we all just have to have confidence that in the moment we were able to showcase ourselves :)

I hope we find out soon too! I keep checking my email...I think we might hear back tomorrow. Last year, they interviewed on the 14th and found out 11 days later on the 25th. So perhaps tomorrow will be the big day?!

Hey,

So I am not sure how they weighted their GPA; whether all years were weighted equal, or possibly only taking the last 2 years into account. Depending on how this is done my GPA ranges from 3.83 to 3.89.

However, having been to the interview I would believe much more is taken into account to be considered; years of clinical experience, graduate degrees, and possibly the type of undergraduate degree you have.

Also, the supplemental application questions give you a good chance to showcase your maturity, writing skills, and life experiences. I would hope to think a great supplemental application could make up for a few points lower in GPA. (I don't know for sure though)

I found the interview to be a disscussion. I concluded with what I had to say, but found that there was more to talk about which passed the time mark. So i dont know how it went ahah. On a side note, we need to find out the date that they will release ther decisions so we can make a countdown thread!

Why would you say the chances aren't that great? You need to have more confidence. You were selected from hundreds of people for 1 of 70 interview spots; at this point your chances if they were completely random are 1/3 of getting in. But they weren't random, you have to have confidence in your degree, capability and how you answered the questions.

The chances are great :)

Im applying in the next few months for the 2013 year. Any advice?? Im in my last year of Undergrad doing my BSC. Does anyone know the average GPA for accepted students? And does anyone know how much students were accepted?

ALSO does Mcmaster look at your overall GPA or last two years??

Archived