Premed 101 Forums

2012 McMaster Interview - anyone get an offer?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I have also applied to the PA program at McMaster and am patiently awaiting a reply. I am glad to hear interview invitations haven't been sent out yet; what a relief. I was reading somewhere that interviews were held in March/April and this got me extremely nervous since I hadn't heard back and it's mid-March.

I'm glad I found this thread. I'll definitely keep you all posted!

Hi All,

I have also applied to the PA program at McMaster and am patiently awaiting a reply. I am glad to hear interview invitations haven't been sent out yet; what a relief. I was reading somewhere that interviews were held in March/April and this got me extremely nervous since I hadn't heard back and it's mid-March.

Hi DNA Dame and ryancouture,

Yes, interviews happen in May, I believe.

And, as far as I know, pretty much most grads are working.

Good luck!

Hi ryancouture,

I just had my interview at U Manitoba and they had said that salary in Ontario starts at 75K and in Manitoba starts at 85K.

As for regulation I'm not sure what it is like for Ontario but to work in Manitoba you need to pass the licensing exam and have to be registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba.

Hope that helps a little, sorry if it doesn't apply to you.

I was expecting a little higher.

Where can you expect to be at in 5 years or so?

I heard these guys were at least in the mid 100k's

what kind of salary are we looking at right now?

any regulations in place that they don't have in the states?

Hi jerkstore and ryancouture,

These questions have already been answered/discussed in the PA forum. Just have a read through or hit the search button.

Cheers.

Hi All,

Interviews are held in May - invitations to the interview are sent out in late-March to early April.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey All,

As promised, I am posting to let you know I have received word from McMaster University. This morning I received an email inviting me for an interview on May 5th. I hope some of you are also receiving good news. Keep me posted.

Congratulations!

(and thanks for keeping us posted)

Congrats medical15!

Still waiting as well. I'm doing distance at Athabasca university.

Hmm, Monday, April 9 is the RSVP deadline. I wonder ilf "phase two"people will have a later deadline. If not, I imagine if we don't hear by next Wednesday-ish , April 4, we're going on the wait list.

Have a great weekend!

Congrats to those who received an interview! I haven't heard anything as of yet. I was wondering what university do all of you attend? Is it McMaster?

Good Luck :)

Interview invite and very excited/nervous! I attended a small university in Texas.

congrats wattsy!

Can I ask when you received your invite and when you're RSVP deadline is? Trying to figure out if I still have a chance.

Thanks.

Hi PA Bound,

I received my invite on March 29th and had to RSVP by April 9th. According to the letter, all interviews are conducted May 5th.

Best of luck to you!!

Archived