Premed 101 Forums

Cégep St-Foy

I didn't receive anything :( I don't know if it's because the PM system is slow or it got lost? I'm cleaning out my inbox right now, so I can have more space for other PM, but I still have some space...

You sent it to hoya36 right?

I didn't receive anything :( I don't know if it's because the PM system is slow or it got lost? I'm cleaning out my inbox right now, so I can have more space for other PM, but I still have some space...

You sent it to hoya36 right?

Oh oh, send it to Hoya instead haha, il resend it from my computer later. Thx!

The devil is in the details and you are full repsonsible and accountable for your every decision, action and omission to act. ;) As you will be away from home soon, you go from child to independent adult overnight and only you will be there to scrutinize and adjust your decisions and choices. :)

Be careful of temptation away from home :eek: as good judgment is required. Lucky for you, cherie is there to guide you! :P

My only advice: STOP worrying about the r-score right away. Get the best grades you can get and that's all you can do. You can get accepted into med from any of the CEGEPs (a long time ago I had a really high r-score at Ahuntsic which is usually considered as a "not great" CEGEP). And not getting in right away and having to go to university isn't that bad either, it just means you experience different things before. Good luck!

Except that cegepiens have it much easier than university students.

From what I gathered from the other threads, cégépiens have it easier in a sense because we need to have a great R score (and as the Ministère de l'Éducation calculate all the R scores, the calculations are the same whether you go to a cégep in Québec or one in Montréal) and a great interview.

The universitaires have to compose with different calculations (all the universities have different methods). So, one could have 34 at Laval and make the cutoff, while they would have a 31 at UdeM and not make the interview cut-off there.... So it's kind of harder for them to get and interview. And then, there's the whole issue with the universitaires seats being cut off this year (from 50% of the class to 45% I think? I'm not sure.)

Correct my answer if there's wrong info in there :P

Archived