Premed 101 Forums

Suggsted Neurology & Psychiatry Clerkship Resources?

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some suggestions on textbooks and other resources that will be useful for neurology and psychiatry, particularly in clerkship. We will be starting the pre-clerkship portion of these two blocks fairly soon and as they are areas of interest for me I will be focusing on them in clerkship. Has anyone come across things that they wish they knew about heading into these units?

Thanks!

Though I've never done a neurology rotation, whenever I have come across anything neuro-related, I find hitting up the ol' Neuroanatomy by Blumenfeld works well (that and Uptodate).

As for psychiatry, Kaplan's "Synopsis of Psychiatry" is pretty decent (although it can get a bit tedious). Toronto Notes for psychiatry is alright for certain sections only (eg. intoxications, suicide).

Though I've never done a neurology rotation, whenever I have come across anything neuro-related, I find hitting up the ol' Neuroanatomy by Blumenfeld works well (that and Uptodate).

As for psychiatry, Kaplan's "Synopsis of Psychiatry" is pretty decent (although it can get a bit tedious). Toronto Notes for psychiatry is alright for certain sections only (eg. intoxications, suicide).

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out.

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some suggestions on textbooks and other resources that will be useful for neurology and psychiatry, particularly in clerkship. We will be starting the pre-clerkship portion of these two blocks fairly soon and as they are areas of interest for me I will be focusing on them in clerkship. Has anyone come across things that they wish they knew about heading into these units?

Thanks!

you guys have a neurology rotation in your 3rd year clerkship at UWO?

you guys have a neurology rotation in your 3rd year clerkship at UWO?

No, its our 2nd last pre-clerkship block so that aspect of it is coming up next. During 3rd year its an option internal medicine selective for us. I don't believe that its an extremely common choice.

Archived