Premed 101 Forums

Canada post tracking

Guest jase

Guest Kirsteen

Yup,

I'm assuming that you used the Canada Post ExpressPost service? I'm finding that half of my ExpressPost tracking info is available immediately, whereas the other half isn't showing up after days beyond when the package should have been sent. Strange stuff.

Perhaps it is a function of different Canada Post policies/priorities at different postal outlets. By the way, I had the same experience last year. I did learn a little in that I used FedEx and Purolator for some of my reference letters and all of my applications, which is exactly my advice to future applicants.

Cheers

Kirsteen

• 3 weeks later...

yet again, one of my letters to the usa has arrived, according to xpresspost tracking, in... GUESS WHERE... OTTAWA

I didn't know Ottawa was considered part of the US of A.

guess i'll have to call up canadapost and teach them some geography

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there jase,

There seems to be perennial problems with Canada Post's ExpressPost tracking system. I encountered the same problem this year that I did last: even though I know my letters of reference have now arrived (via contacting the Admissions Offices by telephone) the tracking information does not (and has not, for the past month) appear on the ExpressPost tracking website. I called Canada Post a couple of weeks ago to bleat about this and they placed two inquiries for me, to manually investigate--as yet, I've heard zippola back from them.

Lesson 1: perhaps the powers that be should consider partially privatizing our postal system.

Lesson 2: it costs a lot more, but the lessened worry of using FedEx may be worth it.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Canada post (express post) LOST my reference letters going to OMSAS. Fortunately I had time to have my referees re-send my letters via FEDEX. What a nightmare it was!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with Canada Post re: the Bermuda Triangle that some of their ExpressPost deliveries seem to find. They confirm that after some investigation, they cannot track the two letters that they performed a manual trace on; therefore, they are refunding me the amount of the two envelopes. Apparently this commonly happens with ExpressPost letters sent to UofT since they perform some sort of bulk scanning upon delivery at site. During this scanning process, apparently it is quite common for some ExpressPost letters not to be scanned. Therefore, the letters are often received by the recipient, but this operation is not logged electronically.

In any case, if anyone is running into similar problems, give their customer service center a shout, and they'll square it up with you, apparently.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hey Akane200,

I see your point!! I used FedEx for all the application materials that I sent directly to the offices, but figured that it would be a little tougher to use them for the letters of reference. Did you simply fill out the FedEx waybills and check off "third party billing" or something of the like?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

i agree. fedex is definitely the way to go. unfortunately - very expensive. but i think if i were to do it over again (and i REALLY don't want to have this thought), i'd go with fedex all the way. the problem is i applied to US schools (a lot of them), and so it is really getting expensive.

Archived