Premed 101 Forums

What were your first two summers like?

Soap.Bar

The title pretty much says the entire question but I'll rephrase it to make my question more clear: "What did you all do during the summer of your first two undergraduate years?"

Did any of you already write/planning to write your MCAT in the summer of your 1st year? Research? Summer jobs? Have the most relaxing 4-month vacation ever?

How did you or how will you spend your first summers as an undergraduate?

My first summer I worked in a hospital where I had previously volunteered. No patient contact but I made darn good money and some good connections.

Second summer I had intended to write my MCAT but I got sick during the semester so I ended up mainly just writing deferred exams and papers.

Third summer was the MCAT and fourth summer was preparing for the big move/medical school.

I consider myself really lucky to have been on scholarship during my undergrad and not experiencing the same pressure to work that people in worse circumstances do.

My first two summers of medical school, I will be doing research and after that, no more summers at all.

My first summer I worked in a hospital where I had previously volunteered. No patient contact but I made darn good money and some good connections.

Second summer I had intended to write my MCAT but I got sick during the semester so I ended up mainly just writing deferred exams and papers.

Third summer was the MCAT and fourth summer was preparing for the big move/medical school.

I consider myself really lucky to have been on scholarship during my undergrad and not experiencing the same pressure to work that people in worse circumstances do.

My first two summers of medical school, I will be doing research and after that, no more summers at all.

What exactly did you do @ the hospital, if you don't mind me asking?

Archived