Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cojo417 and Jonnny, do you mind if I ask what your sGPA's were? I am applying next year and would like to get an idea if I have a chance.

3.82 for this application cycle not sure how that fares in relation to the rest of the applicant pool. The cutoff for UT interviews this yr was 3.71 and the cutoff for Mac interviews was 3.75 for PT. Good luck next yr!

3.82 for this application cycle not sure how that fares in relation to the rest of the applicant pool. The cutoff for UT interviews this yr was 3.71 and the cutoff for Mac interviews was 3.75 for PT. Good luck next yr!

Best of luck dude! Hope you get in!

Good news guys!! I just got accepted into medicine so I'll be declining any spots I get for physiotherapy/ot on the 18th!

I know they'll go to someone deserving!

For reference I applied to queens pt, Mac pt/ot, u of t pt

If I did well on interviews that's a lot of extra spots!

Good news guys!! I just got accepted into medicine so I'll be declining any spots I get for physiotherapy/ot on the 18th!

CONGRATS!!

thats good news!! :D

Congrats!:D

Received a regrets email from Queens earlier this afternoon. Sucks but I wasn't too surprised.

Stats were sGPA: 3.69, some unique ECs but no physio experience at the time (which is why I think I didn't make the cut). The cutoff apparently was 3.52.

Received a regrets email from Queens earlier this afternoon. Sucks but I wasn't too surprised.

Stats were sGPA: 3.69, some unique ECs but no physio experience at the time (which is why I think I didn't make the cut). The cutoff apparently was 3.52.

I received regrets as well:

sGPA was 3.74, had 200 hours in clinic as well as big brother for mentally disabled boy, coaching sports teams. This sucks

I received regrets as well:

sGPA was 3.74, had 200 hours in clinic as well as big brother for mentally disabled boy, coaching sports teams. This sucks

not alone

i got it as well

im really blown away by it

sGPA 3.75

ECs: pt clinic, SCI exercise rehab, stroke rehab, worked in student union organizing large scale fundraisers, president of a club, coached, taught leadership courses (first aid/bronze)

Ditto. I wasn't going to accept anyways :P. But still thought I would make it in.

sGPA: 3.94

EC: 80 hours shadowing PT in a sports clinic, 120 hours in a resource room with disabled kids and working alongside a PT, tutored human anatomy and physiology for a year, and worked as a personal trainer for 2 years.

I also got rejected.

Had a cumulative GPA of 3.69, sub GPA of 3.89, volunteer experiences working in a private clinic, shadowed in a hospital setting, personal trainer for an athelete with spina bifida and also able-bodied people, special olympics track and field coach...don't know where I went wrong lol

I feel like they didn't give us enough space to indicate what we're like as people (a few 2000 or 3000 character essays isn't much), yet the basis of the decision is not having the personal characteristics necessary? Hmm..maybe prerequisite problems?

i dont know if i can take any more rejections

not good for my self-esteem

im already pooped for this afternoon

+1

This entire day (post-email) has been so crappy and stressful. Now I'm just hoping for good news tonight from Mac.

Archived