Premed 101 Forums

The 2012 Waitlist

Just to offer hope for some waitlisters...I got offered a spot at another site today so I would assume there would be a seat opening once I decide which site I would rather go too. My deadline to decide is Monday. Good luck!

More people also joined the facebook group. So I think some offers might have went out today? Or maybe they just decided to join late, I don't really know. It would be nice if the blog would let you guys know whats up!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone¦ Sorry this is late, but wanted to pass on that I accepted an offer to study at UNBC on Friday. Whoo the waiting sucks. The deadline for accepting was today so hopefully that means some more movement on the list this week. In terms of stats, my MCAT was 27P (so perhaps offering some hope to those "below average" MCATers), GPA 3.8, lots of volunteering, hobbies, travel, and several years of work experience as a registered nurse. Thought interview went well and waited patiently for over a month. Keep on believing everyone, my fingers are crossed for you¦

hi everyone¦ Sorry this is late, but wanted to pass on that I accepted an offer to study at UNBC on Friday. Whoo the waiting sucks. The deadline for accepting was today so hopefully that means some more movement on the list this week. In terms of stats, my MCAT was 27P (so perhaps offering some hope to those "below average" MCATers), GPA 3.8, lots of volunteering, hobbies, travel, and several years of work experience as a registered nurse. Thought interview went well and waited patiently for over a month. Keep on believing everyone, my fingers are crossed for you¦

Hey congrats!! And thanks for the hope for below average mcat people. Enjoy UNBC!

Well my friends within a week it will be the end of the line for most of us :( I think I am ready for another application cycle though. I will find something meaningful to do this year...reapply haha.

Yup, gotta say it's the end of the line as well. Btw, I'm just finished my 1st year of Med in Ireland and so if anyone has questions about studying med abroad and trying to come home, lemme know.

Cheers

I just got in off the waitlist to the Southerm Medical Program! I can't believe it... three years in the making... I have until July 3rd at noon to accept, so I really, REALLY hope there's more movement as this forum has helped me stay sane.

wow congrats man... really really good stuff. those 3 years paid off after all :)

ha guess i'm the only one around

I just got in off the waitlist to the Southerm Medical Program! I can't believe it... three years in the making... I have until July 3rd at noon to accept, so I really, REALLY hope there's more movement as this forum has helped me stay sane.

OMG CONGRATS!!!!!!!! So excited for you! :) See you in August! :)

Welcome to the SMP!!! haha will see you in August!

Congratulations! So happy for you :)

http://admissionsblog.med.ubc.ca/

Looks like the waitlist got shortened today. Sorry to hear for those who got regrets today - I can't imagine how difficult it must be after being so close. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours and hope that you continue to pursue med if that's really what you want to do. To those still on the waitlist, hang in there, I'm sure there will be a few more offers!

Archived