Premed 101 Forums

The 2012 Waitlist

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting this thread. Let's hope for as much movement as was seen last year!!!

Also, just wanted to say, if anyone got an offer from UBC and plans to decline it, please let us know so we can have a rough estimate of how many plan to do this. Oh, also please indicate whether you are IP or OOP. Thanks and best of luck to everyone. Also congrats for all those that got in! :) And for those with less fortunate news, keep your head up, you made it this far, you are still a fantastic person and don't give up if you really want it!

I was waitlisted too. Should we give the times of our emails?

Then we might be able to see if there is some kind of ordering?

My email came at 11:24 AM.

IP

30R MCAT (V9/BS10/PS11)

B.Sc. Hons.

M.Sc (june 2012) :)

filled the pubs page.

My hope is that most of us will know by Friday.

Cheers

I was waitlisted too. Should we give the times of our emails?

Then we might be able to see if there is some kind of ordering?

My email came at 11:24 AM.

IP

30R MCAT (V9/BS10/PS11)

B.Sc. Hons.

M.Sc (june 2012) :)

filled the pubs page.

My hope is that most of us will know by Friday.

Cheers

11:24 here as well.

Loads of ECs, around 87% adjusted gpa and 30 Mcat. I hope most of us will know by Friday.

You have to accept rather soon.

Then supplementary things like the deposit have a bit more time I believe.

But typically people know if they are going to say yes or no.

Other programs give notice earlier.

So if you already accepted somewhere else, you might not be inclined to accept at UBC.

Either way, there is usually a lot of movement the first two weeks, then it slows down.

The admissions blog said most years the class is finalized by July, but there are always precedents of people getting in on the first day of classes.

It's rare but it happens.

"It ain't over 'til it's over"

and

"It's better than a burnt stick in the eye"

Cheers

So from people I know and this forum, I know of 9 for sure waitlisters IP, 2 OOP. I'm thinking the waitlist is anywhere from 50 - 100 for IP, and probably ~50 OOP. Last year 38 IP got offered off the waitlist, and 31 OOP. Crossing my fingers for the same kind of movement. :)

So from people I know and this forum, I know of 9 for sure waitlisters IP, 2 OOP. I'm thinking the waitlist is anywhere from 50 - 100 for IP, and probably ~50 OOP. Last year 38 IP got offered off the waitlist, and 31 OOP. Crossing my fingers for the same kind of movement. :)

My fingers are crossed and for good measure so are my toes. It is going to be a long week :eek:

Hello all!

I'm on the waitlist as well. But I do agree with sirnoodleton, it really is better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick. Let's keep our chins up chaps! (and chappettes? Is there a feminine suffix for "chaps"?) It's still quite an accomplishment to get this far. Best of luck to you all!

IP

GPA 87%

MCAT 31O

MSc

Hello, I'm waitlisted as well! I'm sort of glad to still have a little hope but I was looking forward to the wait being over. My email also came at 11:24am.

IP

GPA ~84%

MCAT 37M

ECs: Honours, paramedic now, crisis centre volunteer for years, youth leader

This is my 4th time applying to UBC, I would be so happy if this were finally the year! Good luck guys!

Well, we're all on the same list now, for whatever reason. Let's all just root for a ton of declines :) lol

I know! I hope people are getting in elsewhere and accepting. But it's weird, I've only see one person post accepted and decline. Mind you, not as many people are posting this year. I think only like 2 people said regrets? :S

From what I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong. But an IP person on waitlist can take the spot of an OOP seat if they decline, but an OOP waitlist cannot take the seat of an IP applicant if the 10% quota for OOP applicants is filled. Man I hope we get word very very soon.

Don't give up if you are on the waitlist! you can get an offer in a really unexpected way! I was driving on highway 1 between Merritt and Kamloops in the middle of June when I got the email on my Blackberry!

Just try not to think about it.... Easier said that done. Go ahead with any backup plans you may have decided upon.

Waitlisted for 2016! I wish they told you how you ranked on the waitlist but I suppose we will find out soon enough whether we get in or not.

Avg GPA ( high 80s)

29Q

Good NAQ (lots&lots of long term experiences & volunteering) but no research :( which seems to be a negative thing and possibly a recipe for waitlisting haha.

Cross your fingers! And accept that you may be moving to PG!

Archived