Premed 101 Forums

The 2012 Waitlist

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some evil part of me is so temped to post "I GOT IN" just to watch heads explode :P... But that wouldn't be ethical, lol. Honestly though, this maddening...

I'm glad you decided to behave ethically lol. I would have definitely been refreshing my OAS for the next hour. I'm hoping for today but I think it will be tomorrow guys. Yesterday they probably organized all the offers that were accepted and today they will probably check and double check the numbers to be ready for tomorrow.

I prognosticate Friday around 11...

Haha halfie, that definitely would make my head explode! :P what's worse though for me is everytime my iPhone does a single buzz to signify I got an email, my heart skips a beat! What is probably going to take them longer is that now they have to offer the already accepted people the sites that they ranked higher. It would be nice if we would hear something today though.

Haha halfie, that definitely would make my head explode! :P what's worse though for me is everytime my iPhone does a single buzz to signify I got an email, my heart skips a beat!

Haha, we all know that feeling. Makes me feel gross even thinking about it.

Murphy303- you gotta change your signature!

I dunno, at this stage in my life, being rejected for several years is still the defining experience lol.

For those of you that were waitlisted do you mind posting your stats and your ECs?

Sure, here you go:

GPA: 3.75, 84.5% when converted and worst year dropped

MCAT: 37M (14BS/12PS/11VR)

ECs: crisis centre volunteer for 4 years, lots of traveling, paramedic training, work as MOA, shadowed a family doc, french immersion program, youth leader for 7 years, science world volunteer, research in a work/study program for 2 semesters and an honours semester (no publications)

Good luck tomorrow, everyone! :eek:

I have this horrible feeling that offers won't go out tomorrow just to prolong our torture.... this is definitely worse than May 15!

I kind of think you may be right. This year seems to be the most prolonged wait for waitlisters at UBC yet... I mean they use to know after 4 days, we are already 9 days after May 15th... I find that the longer we go without knowing, the more it bugs me. I have been checking premed101 on my iphone like every 30 minutes to see if anyone has found anything out... getting unhealthy! :P

Archived