Premed 101 Forums

Bad to Take MCAT if 2013 Is Next One?

AshPreMed

If I score poorly on the writing section on the 2012 MCAT then do the 2013 MCAT which has no writing section, wouldn't the admission committee just rely on the previous MCAT Writing Component score to judge my writing ability (and compare me with other candidates)? How would they know I improved my writing ability if it is stuck on me forever and not replaceable by a newer score?

Should I not do the MCAT now but wait until next year? This would be my first MCAT try.

its always interesting to see things being removed or added to the process for different schools or across the board... the task of selecting a reasonable group of applicants from a pool that is overflowing with type A over-achievers is difficult... especially without a strong metric to predict success. So every school has its own secret-sauce, and the MCAT being a reasonable part of many of them... So I wonder what prompted the change... the cynic in me just assumes its easier to mark an electronic MCQ exam than one that includes an essay portion

If I score poorly on the writing section on the 2012 MCAT then do the 2013 MCAT which has no writing section, wouldn't the admission committee just rely on the previous MCAT Writing Component score to judge my writing ability (and compare me with other candidates)? How would they know I improved my writing ability if it is stuck on me forever and not replaceable by a newer score?

Should I not do the MCAT now but wait until next year? This would be my first MCAT try.

I think they are going to lauch the new mcat in 2015

Archived