Premed 101 Forums

Exam Krackers Schedule

jdr44

Has anyone successfully used EK schedule for 10 weeks?

I have written the MCAT before and plan on writing this summer (starting to study this week) - and writing in the middle of August (hopefully 17th).

I have a full time job but I feel like during the evenings I will have sufficient amounts of time to study.

Has this schedule been successful for many people? I see a lot of people using SN2ed.

Cheers :)

I have written the MCAT before and plan on writing this summer (starting to study this week) - and writing in the middle of August (hopefully 17th).

I have a full time job but I feel like during the evenings I will have sufficient amounts of time to study.

Has this schedule been successful for many people? I see a lot of people using SN2ed.

Sorry I don't really have an answer for this but I was wondering where you got their study schedule? Is it posted somewhere?

This is exactly what I am doing!! What I am also doing, though, is using TPR books as a detailed review of the material before I actually work through the EK books. This is the stage I am in now (I write later than you though, on the 23rd). I too, am curious as to how people have found the EK schedule?

I used EK myself. 10 weeks sounds like more than enough time. Assuming you have a chemistry and biology background, you'll be able to go through bio and chemistry relatively quickly. Physics may take you a while if you don't have a physics background. What I found helpful, was to study either orgo+bio first or chem+phys first, so that you can write an AAMC section test and see where you stand.

Make notes for each subject. I currently have summarized Physics into 8 pages with all the equations and theories/concepts which I quickly glance through before writing an aamc test (it has been very effective and efficient). Chemistry (both organic and general) should be approached in the same manner.

For biology, make flow charts.

Verbal: practice every day.

Good luck.

Archived