Premed 101 Forums

Do Banks match LOC perks?

I am looking at getting a LOC through TD however I am annoyed that they do not have an unlimited chequing account perk like RBC but because I already have a mortgage, savings, rrsps, chequing account, Visa with TD it is not a deal breaker as it would be more annoying to change all of thsoe over. Having said that though the 25 transactions per month student chequing account that is included for free is not enough for me and I would have to continue to pay the ridiculous 14.95$/mth fee for their Infinity account (unlimited).

Has anyone had experience where banks will match some perks with other banks LOC deals? I ask because I feel that lowly branches dont have the power to make such calls ... but wondering anyways. I am going to see if they will look into it for me on Thursday but my rep is just a normal loan person in my small town ... I am her first med student .. so she might not know what is possible with med students which are seen as 'preferred customers' or they seem top treat us quite well regardless.

Beef

I am looking at getting a LOC through TD however I am annoyed that they do not have an unlimited chequing account perk like RBC but because I already have a mortgage, savings, rrsps, chequing account, Visa with TD it is not a deal breaker as it would be more annoying to change all of thsoe over. Having said that though the 25 transactions per month student chequing account that is included for free is not enough for me and I would have to continue to pay the ridiculous 14.95$/mth fee for their Infinity account (unlimited).

Has anyone had experience where banks will match some perks with other banks LOC deals? I ask because I feel that lowly branches dont have the power to make such calls ... but wondering anyways. I am going to see if they will look into it for me on Thursday but my rep is just a normal loan person in my small town ... I am her first med student .. so she might not know what is possible with med students which are seen as 'preferred customers' or they seem top treat us quite well regardless.

Beef

Everything is negotiable. Is your school with TD bank? If so, you can probably get the bank rep for your school to take care of this.

• 1 month later...
If you can't negotiate to get unlimited chequing, you can always try to get your loc at another bank while keeping your mortgage/RRSPs and stuff with TD.

agreed, i have everything with TD but went with a different bank for LOC because it was simply a better product than the one being offered by TD

From what I recall, both RBC and TD offer you the "student" account rather than the "unlimited" account when you get your LoC. Are there any banks that offer a better base package? When I went over everything I couldn't see major differences so I'm going with TD because they gave me the infinite visa with the fee waived.

RBC offered my everything free for the duration of school and residency.

Infinite Avion, unlimited bank etc... probably gonna sign the papers soon if everything checks out. MD management wouldn't budge.

TD said terms could be negotiable. I know Scotia offers a good package right off the bat as well.

Just pick what you think is best!

Cheers

Archived