Premed 101 Forums

How long did it take you to find a dentist job after graduation from dent school?(2)

How Long did it take you to get a job after graduation from dental school?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How Long did it take you to get a job after graduation from dental school?

• Right away (0 months)
    • 1-2 Months
    • 3-4 Months
    • 5-6 Months
    • 7-8 Months
    • 9-11 Months
    • More than one year
    • I did not find a job as an associate dentist.
    • I opened my own practice right away
    • I have not graduated/I only want to click on this to see the result of the poll

Hi everyone,

As per request, I'm reposting the poll, with the benefit of showing the people's names so that people don't start picking random answers and keep the poll valid and proper.

YOUR NAME WILL BE VISIBLE UPON VOTING.

If you want to know the answers right away, I have created an option so that you only click it and you don't have to click on poll results every time. Please respect this.

lol this poll is a fail

where are the other two people who voted for right away in the last thread?

lol. This is the response from one of them. Since the other one didn't vote on this thread, he/she was probably a troll.

Just graduated. Got a job right away, but the practice owner is my dad, so I'm riding that nepotism.

Yeah, you have to go out there and look, the school won`t find a job for you but I think that`s expected. That said, many part-time faculty can be great connections to hook you up with contacts.

I had my job lined up 3 months before graduation. Took me 3 weeks from initial contact, to a long trip up to the practice, to a handshake agreement after spending a day together just having fun and talking a bit about dentistry heh

Yeah, you have to go out there and look, the school won`t find a job for you but I think that`s expected. That said, many part-time faculty can be great connections to hook you up with contacts.

I had my job lined up 3 months before graduation. Took me 3 weeks from initial contact, to a long trip up to the practice, to a handshake agreement after spending a day together just having fun and talking a bit about dentistry heh

That is amazing news. Did you randomly contact dentists you see on the road like walk to their clinic? Or more like sending emails/phone calls? I know it's too early to ask, but might as well ask anyway :D

That is amazing news. Did you randomly contact dentists you see on the road like walk to their clinic? Or more like sending emails/phone calls? I know it's too early to ask, but might as well ask anyway :D

Im shadowing a dentist this summer. A sales person that works for an implant company gave me his business card because on the side he helps new dentists find under served areas and set up new practices.

Another sales person I spoke to said that there is a dentist in muskoka that needed extra hands when he heard I have a cottage there.

It seems like the salesmen who travel around and know all of the dentists are great contacts to have.

Archived