Premed 101 Forums

Unlimited break time during the actual MCAT?

DaKirbster

So I've been taking the AAMC CBT's and noticed that before any section (and after any 10 minute break) there's a screen that introduces the upcoming section with instructions for that section. This screen does not have a time limit - it does not constitute as break time or passage time. I tried leaving it there untouched for 10 minutes during a full length simulation test and nothing happened. No time was deducted from the upcoming section. So, in essence, I could take as long of a break as I wanted.

Does anyone know if its like this for the actual MCAT? It feels some sort of glitch. If this is for real, what is there to stop someone from taking a 2 hour break between PS and VR?

I think you can do it if you really want to...but why would you? Would you really take a 2hr break in between each section? That would make a 5 hour long test last 10+hr....would you really want to do that :P

Sure maybe take an extra 5 min if you need it but I don't think anyone really cares at that point. :P

(also...I think it would be suspicious if you are on hour 9 and not done...:P)

So I've been taking the AAMC CBT's and noticed that before any section (and after any 10 minute break) there's a screen that introduces the upcoming section with instructions for that section. This screen does not have a time limit - it does not constitute as break time or passage time. I tried leaving it there untouched for 10 minutes during a full length simulation test and nothing happened. No time was deducted from the upcoming section. So, in essence, I could take as long of a break as I wanted.

Does anyone know if its like this for the actual MCAT? It feels some sort of glitch. If this is for real, what is there to stop someone from taking a 2 hour break between PS and VR?

I was late back from a washroom break due to the line ups and my test screen didn't automatically advance, it was still on the break screen.

no way, those ****ers (lsat, mcat, dat) all won't even cut me a break and i'm about as documented a learning disability as you can get... you get 10 min... eat and piss fast

Archived