Premed 101 Forums

is it a good idea to TRY for MCAT, and prepare to take it a second time?

yvette

Hi,

im wondering if its bad to take the MCAT more than once? i plan to take MCAT this summer because i had just finished my second year, however, due to some scheduling reasons, i don't have much time left to study for it, I'm wondering if i should still take the MCAT this year and then re-do it next year or just do it once next year?

Thanks

thanks for replying, but the thing I'm worrying is that i've heard some schools do look at ALL of your MCAT scores and pick the best one, and some might even average your MCAT scores, and i personally know that i won't do it well this year with the minimum studying I've done so far, so i might just cancel it and plan to do it next year.

so is the averaging MCAT score true? if yes, which ones are those?

Thanks

I took the MCAT even though I was totally unprepared. It gave me a really good "starting point" for where I stand - and I knew it was accurate because I took it seriously (since I paid for it). I find whenever I take practice tests I just don't put as much effort in.

Like other posters said, most Canadian universities will take your most recent or best score.

Archived