Premed 101 Forums

August 16th MCAT

HC8

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually didn't find it so bad. I screwed up WS because I'm an idiot, and VR I can never, ever tell, but I found the science stuff was honestly not so bad.

When do you write?

I actually didn't find it so bad. I screwed up WS because I'm an idiot, and VR I can never, ever tell, but I found the science stuff was honestly not so bad.

When do you write?

Mine is on 6th Sept. 3 weeks from today. For WS, I wrote 10 prompts alone plus 3 AAMCs test (6 here). Prompts on politics can be challenging.

One of my friend's wrote it today for afternoon setting, I called him and he said all was arite except first prompt on writing section that messed him up.

Yeah, this was my second time writing it and since my first score was decent (32S) i didnt want to mess that up. Yeah, i'm probably going to try to register if i can for september. It's just that i'm mentally and physically drained and registering again would be 0 days off before the start of the school semester, but i guess i just got to suck it up and go for it.

Yeah, this was my second time writing it and since my first score was decent (32S) i didnt want to mess that up. Yeah, i'm probably going to try to register if i can for september. It's just that i'm mentally and physically drained and registering again would be 0 days off before the start of the school semester, but i guess i just got to suck it up and go for it.

A 32S sounds like a good score! Why're you writing again?

In retrospect I should have voided as well lol. Thought about re-registering for another test this year?

I wish I had voided mine too. But this was my last chance for this cycle:(

Do you guys know how would UBC evaluate if you take the exam twice with a significant improvement on the second attempt? :confused:

I wish I had voided mine too. But this was my last chance for this cycle:(

Do you guys know how would UBC evaluate if you take the exam twice with a significant improvement on the second attempt? :confused:

From what I understand UBC only looks at your best score, so don't stress out too much :)

I didnt have a balanced score last time. i got a 7 in PS and that's below the cutoff for canadian schools

On the positive side, that means you had very strong bio and verbal scores :) I understand your frustration with PS though, it is also my weakest area. Have you decided what you are going to do in regards to another rewrite?

Hey guys!

I am going to rewrite the MCAT next summer. I used TPR. I liked the TPR because it is easy to read:) but I have the EK package too which I looked at briefly a month before the exam. Do you guys have any suggestions about which prep company books are the best?

Also, my weakest point is the VR:( I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice about that.

Thanks in advance!

On the positive side, that means you had very strong bio and verbal scores :) I understand your frustration with PS though, it is also my weakest area. Have you decided what you are going to do in regards to another rewrite?

i'm going to try to register again for a date this summer, it doesnt allow me yet so i think i have to wait 48hrs or something....

i'm going to try to register again for a date this summer, it doesnt allow me yet so i think i have to wait 48hrs or something....

You can do it! With the PS I found that just doing ridiculous amounts of discretes helped me to nail down physics and most of the chemistry subjects.

If you ever need help with chemistry Chad's videos on course saver are amazing resources, if it is physics wikipremed is pretty good but its really slow.

If you ever need discrete material for PS let me know.

Congrats! I was just coming in here to respond to your earlier post about not being able to find a seat, because as a someone who has had to rewrite I understand how hard it is to feel like you wasted a summer. I'll have my fingers crossed for you :)

haha yea, just when i was starting to deal with not being able to write again i checked and a spot was available i jumped on that.

and thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

I use to think people here who post about there dreams, were slightly over reacting but boy I tell you what, I had an absolute nightmare about my MCAT score, out of no where to as I was barely thinking about it before I went to sleep. I dreamt I got a 10 on PS a 4 on VR and a 1 on BS, & to make matters worse it was one of the most realistic dreams I have ever had ! What surprised me thou was my reaction, it was extremely mature and composed as I simply just re-registered for a begging of January date :|... hopefully not foreshadowing anything thou,

How are all of you feeling about your scores, I am begging to feel worse with every passing day!

I use to think people here who post about there dreams, were slightly over reacting but boy I tell you what, I had an absolute nightmare about my MCAT score, out of no where to as I was barely thinking about it before I went to sleep. I dreamt I got a 10 on PS a 4 on VR and a 1 on BS, & to make matters worse it was one of the most realistic dreams I have ever had ! What surprised me thou was my reaction, it was extremely mature and composed as I simply just re-registered for a begging of January date :|... hopefully not foreshadowing anything thou,

How are all of you feeling about your scores, I am begging to feel worse with every passing day!

Let me take a stab at interpreting your dream:

A Jungian would argue that you feel out of touch with life. BS is a test of the study of life, and in your dream, you did poorly in BS. VR is a test of communication, and you also did poorly in that. Again, this bolsters the idea that you feel poor in human, living terms. The fact that you did fairly well in PS also supports this interpretation: PS is the technical and lifeless, an area in which you are strong.

I suppose such a dream would be expected of a diligent student - one who sacrifices human interaction and life happiness for technical performance.

I once had a dream that I got zero out of infinity on a math test - now that's a rotten score!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived