Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts

Guest UofA info

Guest TiBz88

Based on what I've heard, obviously a W does not compare to an A+, A or A- in a course but it does show some maturity in decision making. It shows that you are aware of your limits and can look at the pros (avoiding a poor mark) and cons (getting a W in the poor marks place) in a situation. Some people withdraw for more understandable reasons (i.e. family illness?), while others just don't have the motivation to push themselves to get better. It is probably difficult for the committee to determine why someone got a W; and maybe they won't conclude anything from it...or maybe they will. It only seems worth it if you are going to do reaaaallly poooorly in a course. It is only one course though, and one course doesn't really mean that much (unless you get a D in a prerequisite or something).

Guest loud noises

Hey there,

It depends on when your W showed up...I have a W for a summer class that I dropped because I had other more important things to do in the summer. I've been told that my W doesn't factor into any decisions because of my obtaining it in a summer session.

i think a W would only factor in if you had like 10 of them or something. One really shouldn't matter especially if its for a course that isn't all that vital. I withdrew from Eng 389 last semester because the proff was terrible and I retook it this semester and I should wind up with at least an A minus. I think that retaking the course and doing well in it should dismiss any concerns over a W. I wouldn't worry about it...your whole career shouldn't depend on 1 W. I know its hard not to nitpick over the little things but deep cleansing breathes everyone.....iiiiinnnnnn......and.....ooooouuuuttt.:P

Guest diakonos

What are the conditions for an offer of admission...do you have to meet a certain cut on the prerequisite courses? Do you have to meet a GPA cut in your final year? Is this different for in vs. out of province applicants? Do you have to maintain an overall GPA of some sort?

If anyone has concrete facts from the office please share them!

Thanks.

Archived