Premed 101 Forums

Deadline Question

Guest sans005

Guest sans005

Hi folks, I am sorry if the answer is obvious, but I just want to make sure. The deadline for the initial application is Nov 1 and the med one 15th right? so the supporting documents can get there by nov 15th right?

Guest Jeesing

Yup,

"Non-Academic Criteria: Personal attributes section, and two reference letters. Deadline for receipt is November 15 of the year admission is sought for all applicants. Instructions for the Personal Attributes section and two blank reference forms will be made available on Medicine's web site."

Transcripts and MCAT scores are also due on Nov 15

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sans005

I m jst a little worried that all my supportings docs wont get there by the 15th. those of you who have already been through the process, If it is not there exactly by 15th closing time, do they discard the application completely?

Guest summervirus

I think that the 15th is the deadline for the office to receive the application, not for applicants to send out the application. So, packages sent out on the 15th are technically overdue.

I don't know if this will be true this year, but in the past, they were sometimes a little lenient if reference letters were received a *little* overdue if you phoned to let them know. But, in terms of the other documents, I think they enforce the deadline.

Archived