Premed 101 Forums

Anyone get their scores yet for Aug. 10 2012?

BubbaBlue

All of our scores should be released at once, I believe, so if you haven't heard neither has anyone else. They're scheduled to be released today, but that doesn't mean that they will be. That said, it seems that AAMC has been sticking fairly closely to their schedule with score releases this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we do get them today. When they are released, AAMC will post on their website (close to the top-right of the page) and on their Twitter account. Here's hoping we all get great scores!

I got a decent overall MCAT score...

But I completely bombed verbal (and I was feeling good about it)

12-7-14

Don't know what to think... My verbal just screwed me soooo hard... I never got that low on ANY practice test...

My application to many schools just went right out the window.

12-7-14

Don't know what to think... My verbal just screwed me soooo hard... I never got that low on ANY practice test...

That sucks man. Any idea how you bombed so badly? Was it overconfidence? Lack of focus?

That sucks man. Any idea how you bombed so badly? Was it overconfidence? Lack of focus?

It surely wasn't overconfidence nor lack of focus.

I guess I fell into the traps...

When I was done, in retrospect, for the first time ever, I was happy about verbal (compared to all practice tests). But that yielded a terrible score...

From day 1, when I started studying, I knew that verbal would be my Achilles' tendon. I should not have wasted most of my summer on this.

No one will ever see that score. (Maybe UofT only...)

I felt so bad about my test for the entire month, but I finally got some good news!

37Q (14PS, 10VR, 13BS)

Wow, congrats! That's an awesome score! My numerical score was slightly lower with an 11 in VR (so happy about that)...but I completely bombed the written sample with an M. I definitely could have practiced more, but I'm a competent writer with lots of writing experience. I felt like I did pretty well on my first essay, but I completely drew blanks for examples on the second, so I have a feeling that's what did me in.

Not sure if there's even a point in applying this year...my WS score is below every school's cutoffs. I can only hope that next year schools won't even consider WS after it's taken out.

12-7-14

Everything else is done really well, that's a plus!

I felt so bad about my test for the entire month, but I finally got some good news!

37Q (14PS, 10VR, 13BS)

Savac beauty score, congrats!

It surely wasn't overconfidence nor lack of focus.

I guess I fell into the traps...

When I was done, in retrospect, for the first time ever, I was happy about verbal (compared to all practice tests). But that yielded a terrible score...

From day 1, when I started studying, I knew that verbal would be my Achilles' tendon. I should not have wasted most of my summer on this.

No one will ever see that score. (Maybe UofT only...)

That's one thing I noticed about standardized tests like this. You simply never really know how you've done. For the LSAT, I'd feel great sometimse and get a crappy score, but other times when I was a little worried, I'd end up with a good score. It's very strange how these tests work.

Your score may still be competitive, I'd research schools if I were you to see if they have hard cut offs. Othesr on the forum will no doubt have info on this as well. U of T is still possible I think.

Wow, congrats! That's an awesome score! My numerical score was slightly lower with an 11 in VR (so happy about that)...but I completely bombed the written sample with an M. I definitely could have practiced more, but I'm a competent writer with lots of writing experience. I felt like I did pretty well on my first essay, but I completely drew blanks for examples on the second, so I have a feeling that's what did me in.

Not sure if there's even a point in applying this year...my WS score is below every school's cutoffs. I can only hope that next year schools won't even consider WS after it's taken out.

Is UofT's WS cut off an M?

Also maybe it's worth a regrade for WS, 11 VR is awesome!

Western's O from last year is kinda close :)? Maybe this year an M would cut it?

UofT will flag your application, but otherwise it won't affect your success. By the way, congrats on that 11 in verbal! I was never able to achieve that :P

Is UofT's WS cut off an M?

Also maybe it's worth a regrade for WS, 11 VR is awesome!

Western's O from last year is kinda close :)? Maybe this year an M would cut it?

I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to apply to Schulich. I just posted a thread in the Western section. I'm SWOMEN, and my previous MCAT score met all of their cutoffs. Given my GPA, I probably would have received an interview this year had I not rewritten. Plus I've got strong references from people I work with who teach at Schulich.

UofT will flag your application, but otherwise it won't affect your success. By the way, congrats on that 11 in verbal! I was never able to achieve that :P

Thanks for the noticing the one really positive thing about my score! I'm extremely proud of that 11 :) I'm definitely applying to UofT this year. Hopefully I can convince them with my essays that I'm literate hahaha

I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to apply to Schulich. I just posted a thread in the Western section. I'm SWOMEN, and my previous MCAT score met all of their cutoffs. Given my GPA, I probably would have received an interview this year had I not rewritten. Plus I've got strong references from people I work with who teach at Schulich.

Thanks for the noticing the one really positive thing about my score! I'm extremely proud of that 11 :) I'm definitely applying to UofT this year. Hopefully I can convince them with my essays that I'm literate hahaha

I have heard of people regrading their mcat scores and especially WS go up 2 grades since it's subjective somewhat, maybe worth a try?

I have heard of people regrading their mcat scores and especially WS go up 2 grades since it's subjective somewhat, maybe worth a try?

I never thought of that! Thanks for the tip. I just checked out some old threads and found someone whose M got changed to a P. Unfortunately, it can take up to 4 months and I'm not sure if that will change my application for this year...

Pretty good overall MCAT but Verbal makes me want to cry.

PS: 14

VR: 8 :(

BS: 14

WS: R

Do you guys think an 8 would be enough to interview IP at Alberta and Calgary? :/

I don't know about Calgary but U of A has a mean of 11's, they require a minimum 7 so you meet minimum, and honestly with 14's i can't see them not possibly taking a look, if someone gets 11,11,11 you're still above them i total right. I'd give it a shot.

I don't know about Calgary but U of A has a mean of 11's, they require a minimum 7 so you meet minimum, and honestly with 14's i can't see them not possibly taking a look, if someone gets 11,11,11 you're still above them i total right. I'd give it a shot.

I'm gonna go ahead and apply to both, I know Calgary heavily weights the Verbal but hopefully, I'll atleast get an interview. *fingers crossed*

I thought I did better in Verbal though... oh well.

I'm gonna go ahead and apply to both, I know Calgary heavily weights the Verbal but hopefully, I'll atleast get an interview. *fingers crossed*

I thought I did better in Verbal though... oh well.

Yeah apparently verbal kicked a couple people in the face this round.

Give it a go and see what they say, best of luck!

After the test I thought I had done terribly... but ended up with a 36T and couldn't possibly be happier :)

The only thing that scares me a bit is my lower-than-ideal Bio score... I got 13/13/10. Anyone know if that fails to meet the cutoff anywhere? I'm applying to Western, Mac, Queens, and UofT.

Archived