Premed 101 Forums

tuition confusion

Guest dl

Guest MDmmmsure

The second fee does not include the other mandatory fee's, like Student union fee's, athletic fee's, etc......

I think this is the case......

Joe

Guest Braveheart

I've picked up the "Undergraduate Educational Costs 2005/2006" Brochure from the Student Financial Aid office and they have the tuition and differential fee as being different than the ones stated above. They have it such that the tuition for 1st year is $6388 and the differential fee as $4000. What's up with that? I'm currently filling in student loan info and don't know which to put on there.

Guest chushmy

Hey Braveheart,

If you add the $6388 and the $4000 you get the $10388 tuition fee that was mentioned above (excluding the student fees, etc.). So the total program cost including student fees is $10888.

I can confirm that $10888 is the actual cost because I had the Registrar's office fill out an appendix 3 for me (since I am OOP) and this was the amount she put down on my application.

Hope that helps:)

-Chushmy

Guest Braveheart

Thanks Chushmy,

That's what I was thinking but because the above was $10,885.84 and the total I got was the $10888, the $3.84 that I went over created a bit of a confusion.

Thanks!

P.S: Any idea on what the due date to pay for tuition is? I'm sending in my Student Loans application pretty late this year and am not sure if I'll get the $$$ in time for Sept (if that is the deadline).... ahhh, way too much procrastinating and lost alot of brain cells during the med school acceptance celebrations... that's still going on.

Guest chushmy

Hey Braveheart,

Don't quote me on this buy I think the deadline to pay tuition is September 30th so there should be enough time to get your loan processed and all. Actually, if you login to your account with the student services centre, they give you a statement of your tuition payment and deadlines.....that's where I'm getting the Sept 30th date from.

Hope that helps and remember, as long as you get things done on time, there's no shame in procrastinating!:D

-Chushmy

Guest Braveheart

Hey Chushmy,

Thanks for the heads up! See ya in Aug. Hopefully I don't procrastinate so much that I miss my ride to Edm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chushmy

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has received their Statement of Tuition or Confirmation of Enrolment in the mail yet? I thought I read somewhere that they send you a confirmation of registration or something two weeks after you have registered.

Archived