Premed 101 Forums

URGENT: Credit Length

AshPreMed

Enter grades as they appear on your transcript and OMSAS will deal with them accordingly. I had the same issues with my application and was informed that this is normal.

If it still troubles you, just make sure the GPA they show is the same as what you have calculated.

Even if this were to be incorrect, they check and fix any issues with your entered marks once your transcript is received.

I'm also sending the transcript today (the deadline to be received)...

But I have a very good reason: I had an exam being marked (not remarked) by a professor until now. I politely told him about my deadlines and guess what, he finishes it at Friday. Putting in my transcript request then means it is sent on Monday. This was completely out of my control and the application is actually complete.

Also if the transcript is requested when the application is submitted, and the deadline to submit is the same deadline of the transcript received, then they must have a way of making up for those who apply at the last day (as it is allowed within the deadline).

I realized I made a stupid mistake lol: I forgot to describe one of the verifiers (the odd one without the description now). Will I get rejected because of that?

"To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to OMSAS, be imprinted with the school’s seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures... Applicants should arrange with the registrar of their university to send a transcript of their marks to date directly to OMSAS (170 Research Lane, Guelph ON N1G 5E2) by October 1, 2012 (one copy only please)." Source

Sounds like it's the deadline to send a physical transcript?

I realized I made a stupid mistake lol: I forgot to describe one of the verifiers (the odd one without the description now). Will I get rejected because of that?

What exactly are you asking here...do you mean you forgot to add any additional comments?

"To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to OMSAS, be imprinted with the school’s seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures... Applicants should arrange with the registrar of their university to send a transcript of their marks to date directly to OMSAS (170 Research Lane, Guelph ON N1G 5E2) by October 1, 2012 (one copy only please)." Source

Sounds like it's the deadline to send a physical transcript?

10characters

From farther down that same page your sourced:

Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges

Applicants who have attended or are currently enrolled in an Ontario university must use the Transcript Request Form (TRF) with the application. Applicants who have attended an Ontario college may use this form. By completing the TRF and forwarding the appropriate fees, applicants authorize the OUAC to arrange for their official transcripts to be sent to OMSAS and do not need to contact the Registrar’s Office directly.

Oh no! Just read this and submitted my application already. I didn't know we were suppose to add a description for the verifiers to say who they were. I thought that box was there in case you wanted to leave some special notes for them to consider about the verifier (ex. if you couldn't contact your boss and used your sister instead)

Is that okay?? How important is it for them to have a description of the verifier?? I don't want to have wasted 600$ just because I didn't add description for the verifier...

Oh no! Just read this and submitted my application already. I didn't know we were suppose to add a description for the verifiers to say who they were. I thought that box was there in case you wanted to leave some special notes for them to consider about the verifier (ex. if you couldn't contact your boss and used your sister instead)

Is that okay?? How important is it for them to have a description of the verifier?? I don't want to have wasted 600$ just because I didn't add description for the verifier...

Don't worry, it's not essential

I think that box was for special notes.. it wasn't necessary or anything.

Archived