Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

Just FYI, I called the office today to ask when OOP applicants will get invites and when the OOP interviews will be held. The person I talked to said that invites would be in the next 1-2 weeks (it sounded more like 1 week), and that invterviews would be toward the end of November.

It's a little frustrating as I'm trying to figure out my schedule for the month and I want to avoid any conflicts on the chance that I get an invite!

Hey everyone,

Just FYI, I called the office today to ask when OOP applicants will get invites and when the OOP interviews will be held. The person I talked to said that invites would be in the next 1-2 weeks (it sounded more like 1 week), and that invterviews would be toward the end of November.

It's a little frustrating as I'm trying to figure out my schedule for the month and I want to avoid any conflicts on the chance that I get an invite!

I hear ya, I applied to Dal as well and they interview on the 24th and 25th of november and I really don't want to have that conflict as Dal is the only school I'm IP for, but MUN is the only school that my gf and I were able to apply to together and she has already received an interview there (she is NB pool)...

That would be a really ****ty choice for me :/

I hear ya, I applied to Dal as well and they interview on the 24th and 25th of november and I really don't want to have that conflict as Dal is the only school I'm IP for, but MUN is the only school that my gf and I were able to apply to together and she has already received an interview there (she is NB pool)...

That would be a really ****ty choice for me :/

can your GF put in a request for the NS campus? (DAL) They may entertain the idea where you are in a relationship..as long as it is serious I suppose. I would at the very least ask about this..what can be lost?

can your GF put in a request for the NS campus? (DAL) They may entertain the idea where you are in a relationship..as long as it is serious I suppose. I would at the very least ask about this..what can be lost?

We would have asked about this (have been dating over two years now and are planning on living together when we graduate at the end of the year). However, just before she wrote her MCAT this summer I ended up in the hospital for an eye surgery (about 8-10 days prior to her mcat date) and then 3 days prior her sister ended up in the hospital over repeated losses of consciousness. Anyway, she didnt get to study almost the last two weeks, was emotionally distraught, etc. and didn't score well enough to apply to Dal.

Luckily, MUN allowed her to write a letter and considered her application anyway and given her gpa and ECs decided to give her an interview.

So all in all, she wasn't able to apply to Dal, so it'd be a choice of the only school I'm IP for, or the only school that we could go to together :(

We would have asked about this (have been dating over two years now and are planning on living together when we graduate at the end of the year). However, just before she wrote her MCAT this summer I ended up in the hospital for an eye surgery (about 8-10 days prior to her mcat date) and then 3 days prior her sister ended up in the hospital over repeated losses of consciousness. Anyway, she didnt get to study almost the last two weeks, was emotionally distraught, etc. and didn't score well enough to apply to Dal.

Luckily, MUN allowed her to write a letter and considered her application anyway and given her gpa and ECs decided to give her an interview.

So all in all, she wasn't able to apply to Dal, so it'd be a choice of the only school I'm IP for, or the only school that we could go to together :(

OH NO! that is too bad. did she only apply to MUN? well I hope you hear from them!

OH NO! that is too bad. did she only apply to MUN? well I hope you hear from them!

UPDATE - MUN is sending out invites for OOP students! I just got an email today asking me to call in regarding my application and was offered an interview on Nov 30th! Hope to hear some of you guys with good news too :)

Also, Dal has Nov 24th and 25th up on their admissions timeline so it looks like they won't conflict!

UPDATE - MUN is sending out invites for OOP students! I just got an email today asking me to call in regarding my application and was offered an interview on Nov 30th! Hope to hear some of you guys with good news too :)

Also, Dal has Nov 24th and 25th up on their admissions timeline so it looks like they won't conflict!

I got a phone call about an interview today - problem is I forgot which school in my excitement.

Since it's on Nov 30th, I'm guessing it's safe to assume it was MUN.

CONGRATS!!! too bad you cannot go up with your gf. still waiting on Dals email.

I haven't heard from them today yet. :( I guess I'll wait til later then.

Do interview invites go out at the same time as regrets? :confused:

I don't think so, this way they can easily keep calling down the list if people decline the interview, etc. I think they wait till December or January for the regrets. Some people got calls days apart for the NB pool, so don't lose hope yet!

I don't think so, this way they can easily keep calling down the list if people decline the interview, etc. I think they wait till December or January for the regrets. Some people got calls days apart for the NB pool, so don't lose hope yet!

Thanks, I certainly hope this is the case and that they call me sometime soon! :eek:

definitely do not lose hope! unfortunately I think Memorial sometimes just doesn't send regrets. A few people last year stated how they just flat weren't notified about anything. But on the positive side I am sure it will take a bit for all the invites to go out! Good luck seeking!:D

agreed! the whole interview thing is a huge process. plus, it shows on their 'important dates' section: "Nov - Dec 2012 Applicants are informed of interviews and interviews are conducted." so in that sense, they are already ahead of the game in sending their invites.. there is still hope! i know some friends who haven't gotten calls until a few weeks after the initial invites were made and were successful in obtaining admission.

Archived