Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances and what schools should I apply to?

Hi everyone,

I am planning on applying to OT for the sept 2013 intake. I was initially hoping for UBC Vancouver, but their required anatomy course has thrown that whole plan off! So, here is what I have going for me:

GPA: 3.76 on a 4.0 scale (for all courses in my last 2 years)

Volunteer work for a Track and Field Club since I was in gr 10, volunteer work (just started recently a month and a half ago) with 2 individuals with disabilities, statistics tutor in my last semester of uni

Also I took a full course load of 5 classes a semester for my last 2 years

I am going to apply to UofA for sure, but I am wondering what schools I should apply to in Ontario.. I was thinking Western, Mac, and UofT (not queens because my cumulative GPA is dismal to say the least.

So what are my chances of getting in to those schools? Is it even worth it to apply to Western? Help me!!

A lot of the postings with insane GPA requirements are for PT! If you want OT you should be fine with that GPA.. & apply to Queen's! They are not as GPA-oriented as the other schools, so as long as you have a well-rounded application you will have a competitive application! Plus, Queen's is a great school (I am biased haha)

Thanks for the answers guys! I would love to apply to queens as I have heard good things, but I think my cumulative gpa would be somewhere around 2.9 due to my lack of any sort of math skills combined with first year science courses.

Does anyone know what the GPA cutoff was last year to be accepted into Western?

Thanks again!

Archived