Premed 101 Forums

written essay

med-dream

There's no more writing sample starting in 2013 (not 2015). I believe that some schools will still consider your WS score if you wrote it prior to then (at least U of T still will be from what I gathered from the admissions blog).

I heard that psychology will be part of MCAT content, will that be in 2015?

Hi,

I heard that written essay will not be required in MCAT starting from 2015. If that is the case, I wonder how the comparison will work between applicants' MCAT score in the same cycle year: one has the essay score (got from previous year) while the other doesn't have.

Well, this can e a good news to the applicants as more of them really hate doing their essay writing.

Well, this can e a good news to the applicants as more of them really hate doing their essay writing.

But the question is: if 2 applicants have the same score: 36 and 36P, how the selection will work? And it seems it is better to take MCAT from 2013 to 2014 as psychology section will be required in 2015.

• 4 weeks later...
But the question is: if 2 applicants have the same score: 36 and 36P, how the selection will work? And it seems it is better to take MCAT from 2013 to 2014 as psychology section will be required in 2015.

ha, yeah no one knows. Although I will say in general they try to be consistent and fair. Personally I think it will be either all or nothing and since it cannot be all then it would have to be nothing (ie no WS considered). Still who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

An essay can have many purposes, but the basic structure is the same no matter what. you can make your trip safe by kostüm für karneval. You may be writing an essay to argue for a particular point of view or to explain the steps necessary to complete a task. you can make your trip safe by karneval fasching

Either way, your essay will have the same basic format.

If you follow a few simple steps, you will find that the essay almost writes itself. You will be responsible only for supplying ideas, which are the important part of the essay anyway. get your own karneval fasching

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I checked AAMC website, and in their 2013 manual, they do not include Written Section. Please see page 6 of this document, https://www.aamc.org/students/download/63060/data/mcatessentials.pdf

On page 8, it even says "2013 examinees will not take the Writing Sample section of the MCAT

exam."

I am so happy, since writing is not my forte.

Hurray!!

Archived