Premed 101 Forums

DISC on transcripts and med

a1b1

Hey guys,

I was just curious to know, how does mcgill, ulaval, udem and sherbrooke view withdrawals that yield a DISC on the transcript?

My university says the following for such withdrawals :

DISC (Discontinued)

The DISC withdrawal notation remains on a student’s academic record and does not affect the

student’s GPA. However, the student is financially responsible for the payment of all tuition and

other fees pertaining to the course. The DISC deadline is usually after the eighth week of classes

of the term for fall and winter courses and within the first five weeks for spring and summer

courses.

If I get a DISC on my transcript will this have adverse effects? do quebec med schools not accept students with a DISC on their transcript?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys,

I was just curious to know, how does mcgill, ulaval, udem and sherbrooke view withdrawals that yield a DISC on the transcript?

My university says the following for such withdrawals :

DISC (Discontinued)

The DISC withdrawal notation remains on a student’s academic record and does not affect the

student’s GPA. However, the student is financially responsible for the payment of all tuition and

other fees pertaining to the course. The DISC deadline is usually after the eighth week of classes

of the term for fall and winter courses and within the first five weeks for spring and summer

courses.

If I get a DISC on my transcript will this have adverse effects? do quebec med schools not accept students with a DISC on their transcript?

Thanks in advance :)

Looks like the same as a W (ABA in French). I have 5 ABAs (including a Summer course). When I asked after getting my first ABA, UdeM told me there's no penality, UdeS told me it wouldn't affect my academic score since is not contribatory to your GPA, and ULaval told me there's no penality.

Also, don't forget UdeM wants you to finish at the prescribed time, and UdeS wants a full-coursework I think (they say temps complet). ULaval doesn't care how much it takes you to finish.

Archived